Old 10-24-2014, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
I heard, glad it worked out
Old 10-24-2014, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55
Car put down 440/570 on his mustang Dyno, I'm kinda disappointed with the numbers..

He said it would make close to 500whp on Dyno jet.

What do you guys think about the #'s?
Old 10-24-2014, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
What are your mods?
Old 10-24-2014, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Mustang reads low, you have a 168 with 80mm tb, have Jerry give you a retune you will go up about 20hp
Old 10-24-2014, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmmmmm that is about right. When he had a dynojet, I made 500/550 crank with just a smaller SC pulley. I really don't know what my car runs now with that mustang
Old 10-24-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 silver
the most important is the butt dyno..how does it feel? did you drive it yet?
Old 10-24-2014, 02:09 PM

E55
Couple things I'm not happy about I'll be posting a review thread sometime this weekend.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:56 PM

E55
There is no reason to make a new thread ..

*when I dropped the car off, I pre authorized 1.5 hrs of Dyno/diagnostics.. I recieved a voicemail a few days later from Paul saying he was swapping out my spark plugs, he had already started so I didn't bother saying anything, plus I would have probably authorized it either way.. That's not the point tho. I want to make it clear that Paul DID cut me a deal on labor cost.

*When I dropped the car off it had 3/4 of a tank, when I picked it up it was on Empty, literally 0 bars of gas.. I understand they were doing street pulls/Dyno runs with my ecu dumping fuel, but in my opinion a customer shouldn't pick up there car with absolutely no gas at all. --Josh told me "I was doing 140mph on the hwy, slowing down to about 120 till I found an open lane then I'd stomp on it & back at 140 no problem" (also was making hand gestures as if he was weaving in & out of traffic) <-- my friend was Witness to him saying this.. Paul said Josh was exaggerating when I texted him about it, But he seemed pretty serious bout it to my friend & I.

*there is a ding on the silver plating around my shifter that was not there when I dropped it off.

Now the car does feel a lot stronger & no hesitation up top, so I think my issue is fixed, & they do good work & definitely in a timely manner , I didn't expect the car to even be worked on this week as Paul said he was slammed but would have it dynoed/diagnosed before the end of the week.

They do great work & I would have no problem taking my car back there , but I would rather have Paul driving my car, he seems more professional & I would trust him to take better care of it while street testing & like I said he did help me out a bit on labor cost & price of coil.

Last edited by KleemannE55; 10-24-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211
Glad you got it fixed!
Old 10-25-2014, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by KleemannE55
There is no reason to make a new thread ..

*when I dropped the car off, I pre authorized 1.5 hrs of Dyno/diagnostics.. I recieved a voicemail a few days later from Paul saying he was swapping out my spark plugs, he had already started so I didn't bother saying anything, plus I would have probably authorized it either way.. That's not the point tho. I want to make it clear that Paul DID cut me a deal on labor cost.

*When I dropped the car off it had 3/4 of a tank, when I picked it up it was on Empty, literally 0 bars of gas.. I understand they were doing street pulls/Dyno runs with my ecu dumping fuel, but in my opinion a customer shouldn't pick up there car with absolutely no gas at all. --Josh told me "I was doing 140mph on the hwy, slowing down to about 120 till I found an open lane then I'd stomp on it & back at 140 no problem" (also was making hand gestures as if he was weaving in & out of traffic) <-- my friend was Witness to him saying this.. Paul said Josh was exaggerating when I texted him about it, But he seemed pretty serious bout it to my friend & I.

*there is a ding on the silver plating around my shifter that was not there when I dropped it off.

Now the car does feel a lot stronger & no hesitation up top, so I think my issue is fixed, & they do good work & definitely in a timely manner , I didn't expect the car to even be worked on this week as Paul said he was slammed but would have it dynoed/diagnosed before the end of the week.

They do great work & I would have no problem taking my car back there , but I would rather have Paul driving my car, he seems more professional & I would trust him to take better care of it while street testing & like I said he did help me out a bit on labor cost & price of coil.
If it is true about wasting 15 gallons of fuel and scratching your car I don't understand how you could be happy with the result, how much did you pay to change plugs, $400? And you know that you could never see your car if guy got pulled over in Virginia doing 100mph
Old 10-25-2014, 03:47 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Karlson
If it is true about wasting 15 gallons of fuel and scratching your car I don't understand how you could be happy with the result, how much did you pay to change plugs, $400? And you know that you could never see your car if guy got pulled over in Virginia doing 100mph
The gas statement is true, honestly I expected it to be low considering all the Dyno/street testing, but bone dry empty, 0 bars is crazy. Atleast take it up the street & put $5 in it before the customers comes to pick it up .

They didn't scratch the car, there's just a small indentation on the silver plating around my shifter, I took a pic but don't know how to post.

Paul charged me 1 hr labor to swap plugs, paid $240 for the plugs themselves. He gave me a deal on labor costs.

Yeah I know, I'm not happy about how my car was driven on the hwy, Paul wasn't driving, his employee josh was.

I noticed today when adding oil my front engine cover wasnt clipped in correctly, & won't go back 100% flush like it was but I fixed it the best I could.

The car runs a lot better than when I dropped it off, no hesitation, Dyno #'s we're sorry but it's because of the mustang Dyno. Beat up on some 5.0's last night!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Dyno runs take gas man , especially when doing wot and you are dumping fuel like you were.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:39 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Hulk
Dyno runs take gas man , especially when doing wot and you are dumping fuel like you were.
I'm not disagreeing with you.. But your saying you wouldn't be aggravated if you picked up your car from a shop with 0 bars of gas ? putting $5 in the tank is the right thing to do imo.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Originally Posted by KleemannE55
I'm not disagreeing with you.. But your saying you wouldn't be aggravated if you picked up your car from a shop with 0 bars of gas ? putting $5 in the tank is the right thing to do imo.
He gave you breaks on labor and parts btw do you know that you got dyno print outs also?
You realize dyno time costs money and you got that for free

Last edited by Hulk; 10-25-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:15 PM

E55
He gave you breaks on labor and parts btw do you know that you got dyno print outs also?
You realize dyno time costs money and you got that for free
Your literally repeating everything I wrote... I said numerous times already that he cut me deals on labor costs.. Dyno time/diagnostics was paid for?? Your friends with Paul obviously, so your coming off quite biased..
Old 10-25-2014, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
You admit that you got great service and got breaks on parts and labor and a dyno printout and you are complaining for some gas? Ya I am a friend but at the end of the day you got treated more than fairly and wanna complain about gas? Seriously? Wanna rethink this?
Old 10-25-2014, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Shops wont supply the fuel it will take to dyno and diagnose a vehicle, thats on the owner. Not sure why it would take 200 miles worth of fuel to diagnose and dyno? The only thing I would ask is, did you mention any of the issues to Paul, if so, what was his response?

If you did mention it and he said eat a **** I would totally understand you having an issue.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:12 AM

E55
You admit that you got great service and got breaks on parts and labor and a dyno printout and you are complaining for some gas? Ya I am a friend but at the end of the day you got treated more than fairly and wanna complain about gas? Seriously? Wanna rethink this?
Listen buddy, you should rethink & re read my post. I listed the pros & cons of my experience.. Not just the cons so relax..

Secondly, I also listed that my car was driven on the hwy at 140mph speeds & there was a ding on silver plating near me shifter... Let's hear you make up some BS about how it's ok to drive a customer car at 140 LMAO
Old 10-26-2014, 01:21 AM

E55
Originally Posted by kustom2k1
Shops wont supply the fuel it will take to dyno and diagnose a vehicle, thats on the owner. Not sure why it would take 200 miles worth of fuel to diagnose and dyno? The only thing I would ask is, did you mention any of the issues to Paul, if so, what was his response?

If you did mention it and he said eat a **** I would totally understand you having an issue.
I know they won't pay for the cost of gas for Dyno testing but like you said idk why it would take 200 miles worth of gas, regardless of the ecu dumping fuel..

What if I had dropped off my car with a half tank, would they have stopped diagnosing when it ran out ?

Paul said "sorry bout that" when I mentioned 0 bars of gas .. & "josh was probably exaggerating about the speed" when I asked if 140 pulls were necessary.. When I mentioned the ding next to my shifter , I didn't get a response. I spoke with Paul later on Friday evening right after I posted my review to say thankyou again & to let him know I had posted a review with pros/cons of my experience. As far as I know Paul & I are on good terms.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
I could say more but what's the point
Old 10-26-2014, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
I could say more but what's the point
Yep, please don't do it. We don't need to hear lame excuses
Old 10-27-2014, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So at the end of the day, your car is fixed and all that matters, right? A small ding on the shifter shouldn't outweigh your car actually being fixed and being back on the road. I am actually a friend of Paul's so I could be biased but I try to look at both sides. Glad you got the beast back on the road and don't be upset about the numbers! Get a more aggressive tune from Kleeman!

Agree with Hulk...my car was on the dyno for maybe 30min? I lost 3-4 gallons in a heartbeat for some reason even though it was maybe 5-10miles driven?
Old 10-27-2014, 10:58 PM

E55
Originally Posted by djrabbi
So at the end of the day, your car is fixed and all that matters, right? A small ding on the shifter shouldn't outweigh your car actually being fixed and being back on the road. I am actually a friend of Paul's so I could be biased but I try to look at both sides. Glad you got the beast back on the road and don't be upset about the numbers! Get a more aggressive tune from Kleeman!

Agree with Hulk...my car was on the dyno for maybe 30min? I lost 3-4 gallons in a heartbeat for some reason even though it was maybe 5-10miles driven?
&& my car being driven at 140mph speeds... You guys seem to be skipping that in your replies ...