Sponsored by:

Battery went dead while connected to Star DAS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
Battery went dead while connected to Star DAS

Last-night I had my car hooked up to DAS star diagnostics. I went in the house to do something, got sidetracked and was so tired I wandered right in to bed and fell asleep.. When I went into my garage this morning I realized what I had done so i unplugged the star system and noticed the interior lights weren't' even on.. I've never jumped this car before.. So I hooked up to the battery to a charger/jumper. The lights came on but wouldn't jump..Will there be issues because it was hooked up to star when the battery went dead?
Old 10-27-2014, 11:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
Originally Posted by Canuck11
Last-night I had my car hooked up to DAS star diagnostics. I went in the house to do something, got sidetracked and was so tired I wandered right in to bed and fell asleep.. When I went into my garage this morning I realized what I had done so i unplugged the star system and noticed the interior lights weren't' even on.. I've never jumped this car before.. So I hooked up to the battery to a charger/jumper. The lights came on but wouldn't jump..Will there be issues because it was hooked up to star when the battery went dead?
Old 10-27-2014, 06:44 PM

Damn no bites? You should be able to start the car with a high amp booster pack. Most likely your battery is fried (full discharge is not good), but in either case place it on a tender. There's also a strong possibility that you might have bricked some modules but you won't know until you get a battery full of juice installed into your car.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:29 PM

Just also read this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...computers.html

Seems like he might have also had the same 'dead battery' issue. Either way let us know what happens when you replace it.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
I did fry the battery.. I went and bought a battery charger and it'll only charge up to 6 volts..Had to lug that giant battery out of the trunk and bring it into N.T.B. A cpl ppl commented on the size of the battery.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:53 AM

I did fry the battery.. I went and bought a battery charger and it'll only charge up to 6 volts..Had to lug that giant battery out of the trunk and bring it into N.T.B. A cpl ppl commented on the size of the battery.
LOL, I did the same in a porsche v8 cayenne and burned out BOTH batteries. Biggest ones I've seen in a SUV, 2 full size battery's in the POS that cost me $350 a pop. Not a good day for me