Does E63 have a torque conv drain plug?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 08:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
mercedes 71 280sl. Porsche 930 . Ducati mh900 and ps1000
Does E63 have a torque conv drain plug?

Hi guys
Does E63 have a torque conv drain plug?if so on the frt part or back?
Thanks
Erick
Old 12-09-2014, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
yes you have to remove engine cover to access
Old 12-09-2014, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
No.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Yes they do for the 2007-2010's from what I know.

I took my 07 in for a tranny service. I asked theMB Dealer to make sure it is totally drained and flushed to include the TC. Should take about 9.5qts. I was assured by two people that it would be and to not worry. I ended up getting a notice to leave town that afternoon for work and when the bill came up I rushed out for the 1hr ride home. Later that night in another city I looked at the bill that I took a picture of. Well, well, they had given me a bill then immediately before I could look at it said they needed to change it. Then I got the one I took the pic of. In the lines of description of each item used, they tried to take off all items used in the tranny service, and just package them together. (My bill was only 289.00) However, they left each item but not the prices for them. I noticed 5.5qts used. This just happens to be the exact amount that is drained when not draining the TC. So I called and talked with the SM. He said he was not sure why they said they did the TC drain also, they only do the tranny pan and filter and 5.5 qts. Thats normal. I said NO, that is not normal and 1. I requested it done and was told it would be. 2. MB WIS states and lists the procedure to do it for all tranny services. I send him a copy of it.

He appologized for the mishap, refunded all my money without me asking for it, and promised in 15k miles he would re-do the service for free to include the TC. I sold the car, but he said the next for my new AMG would be free. They took care of me and earned my business over a closer dealer.

There are numerous threads dealing with the TC's. Early models of the 722.29?? trannies didn't have the drain plug. I think those were on the C classes though. IF my memory serves me correctly all E63's did have them. There might even be a list of serials that cover which ones don't have it. Just do a search.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
mercedes 71 280sl. Porsche 930 . Ducati mh900 and ps1000
All this awnser tell's me is to do a search
Thanks for your help real helpful post for others reading I did a search but did not find the awnser. Thanks
Erick
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Yes they do for the 2007-2010's from what I know.

I took my 07 in for a tranny service. I asked theMB Dealer to make sure it is totally drained and flushed to include the TC. Should take about 9.5qts. I was assured by two people that it would be and to not worry. I ended up getting a notice to leave town that afternoon for work and when the bill came up I rushed out for the 1hr ride home. Later that night in another city I looked at the bill that I took a picture of. Well, well, they had given me a bill then immediately before I could look at it said they needed to change it. Then I got the one I took the pic of. In the lines of description of each item used, they tried to take off all items used in the tranny service, and just package them together. (My bill was only 289.00) However, they left each item but not the prices for them. I noticed 5.5qts used. This just happens to be the exact amount that is drained when not draining the TC. So I called and talked with the SM. He said he was not sure why they said they did the TC drain also, they only do the tranny pan and filter and 5.5 qts. Thats normal. I said NO, that is not normal and 1. I requested it done and was told it would be. 2. MB WIS states and lists the procedure to do it for all tranny services. I send him a copy of it.

He appologized for the mishap, refunded all my money without me asking for it, and promised in 15k miles he would re-do the service for free to include the TC. I sold the car, but he said the next for my new AMG would be free. They took care of me and earned my business over a closer dealer.

There are numerous threads dealing with the TC's. Early models of the 722.29?? trannies didn't have the drain plug. I think those were on the C classes though. IF my memory serves me correctly all E63's did have them. There might even be a list of serials that cover which ones don't have it. Just do a search.

Last edited by ertech; 12-10-2014 at 10:17 PM.