MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   !!! ATTENTION !!!! - FUEL LEAK ISSUE HAS BEEN SETTLED BY DAIMLER-BENZ... 2014.12.23 (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/568641-attention-fuel-leak-issue-has-been-settled-daimler-benz-2014-12-23-a.html)

Mackhack 04-27-2019 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by zhmorrow13 (Post 7742677)
Good to know, I’ll keep that in mind.

So I’m not wrong to believe that the part # ending in “...0000” is covered under the warranty?

I just received a callback from MBusa and the guy I spoke obviously couldn’t give me a confirmation without confirming with their warranty people. But he agreed that my rationale that this part I need should be included in the warranty and the dealership is probably wrong.

I honestly feel bad for you. It's a shame that these people don't know what they are doing nor that they know their own rules, policies and tools at hand and always have to ask someone else. This country is so backward :(

zhmorrow13 04-27-2019 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mackhack (Post 7743084)
I honestly feel bad for you. It's a shame that these people don't know what they are doing nor that they know their own rules, policies and tools at hand and always have to ask someone else. This country is so backward :(

But that doesn’t answer my question. Is part # “..2114700000” under warranty

Mackhack 04-27-2019 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by zhmorrow13 (Post 7743269)
But that doesn’t answer my question. Is part # “..2114700000” under warranty

I answered your question already. Yes it is as long as your car is not a 2007-2009 W211. With these cars they will only cover what’s leaking noting else. Once you got the leak in parts replaced and a pump just fails like in my case the pump is not covered. Don’t let them bully you. Good luck.

zhmorrow13 04-28-2019 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mackhack (Post 7743279)
I answered your question already. Yes it is as long as your car is not a 2007-2009 W211. With these cars they will only cover what’s leaking noting else. Once you got the leak in parts replaced and a pump just fails like in my case the pump is not covered. Don’t let them bully you. Good luck.

so they’re no longer replacing entire fuel tank + components? Just the part that is leaking?

Mackhack 04-28-2019 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by zhmorrow13 (Post 7743564)
so they’re no longer replacing entire fuel tank + components? Just the part that is leaking?

Read carefully what I wrote and you’ll understand.

zhmorrow13 04-29-2019 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mackhack (Post 7743624)
Read carefully what I wrote and you’ll understand.

got it. Thanks for your input

zhmorrow13 04-29-2019 09:53 AM

I just got a call from the dealership and they’re covering it.

Mackhack 04-29-2019 01:09 PM

Hate to say it but I told you so :D

Glad you have a happy ending in the end.

equitiesguy 05-13-2019 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mackhack (Post 7744363)
Hate to say it but I told you so :D

Glad you have a happy ending in the end.

MB USA finally got around to sending me my official letter for this and the SBC. First time for everything I suppose.

Mackhack 05-13-2019 07:51 PM

Got an update on my car as well. Dropped it off at the dealership that replaced the tank and pumps under warranty in 2015. Showed them all sorts of proof incl. their “own” documentation that they ****ed up. First response was we have no idea and we didn’t do anything wrong.

Will see if they come to terms after they think about it a little longer and harder.

equitiesguy 05-14-2019 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mackhack (Post 7754757)
Got an update on my car as well. Dropped it off at the dealership that replaced the tank and pumps under warranty in 2015. Showed them all sorts of proof incl. their “own” documentation that they ****ed up. First response was we have no idea and we didn’t do anything wrong.

Will see if they come to terms after they think about it a little longer and harder.

I'm a little behind the times these days on this forum. What happened with your car/pumps?

Mackhack 05-14-2019 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by equitiesguy (Post 7755033)
I'm a little behind the times these days on this forum. What happened with your car/pumps?

In simple terms they blew because they didn’t follow instructions when they replaced them. Story is a bit further up.

equitiesguy 05-14-2019 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mackhack (Post 7755040)
In simple terms they blew because they didn’t follow instructions when they replaced them. Story is a bit further up.

After I let the dealer change my pumps my car died in the street two weeks later. First and only time car ever had to be towed. They put used pumps in ...while I watched them...do the repairs. I ended up having to redo the entire job myself. Don't ever trust a dealer.

Mackhack 05-14-2019 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by equitiesguy (Post 7755095)
After I let the dealer change my pumps my car died in the street two weeks later. First and only time car ever had to be towed. They put used pumps in ...while I watched them...do the repairs. I ended up having to redo the entire job myself. Don't ever trust a dealer.

We only go in for recalls. We do most of the work ourselves or bring it to a trusted friend’s shop.

We even told them it’s the last time we came in. Once they scratched the car then broke the power folding mirror, then ****ed the steering rack up while working on the rear axle (how is that possible?), then ****ed up the AIRmatic calibration and made black finger prints on the roof’s carpet and left the car sit in the sun for 4 weeks straight never moved it and told us in the end they couldn’t find the problem of a knocking sound. The wipers were so backed onto the windshield that the rubber came off when we accidentally turned the wipers when we picked it up.

Not a single time did they do what was requested or it was wrong or they broke something.

what can you expect from unattached Million Dollar owners who use these dealerships to launder drug money? Hire morons without diplomas, without brains and without any knowledge of troubleshooting problems. All they know is how to change parts in hopes at some point it will fix the issue.

MBUSA is another animal. Clueless, arrogant and of no help.

equitiesguy 05-14-2019 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mackhack (Post 7755103)
We only go in for recalls. We do most of the work ourselves or bring it to a trusted friend’s shop.

We even told them it’s the last time we came in. Once they scratched the car then broke the power folding mirror, then ****ed the steering rack up while working on the rear axle (how is that possible?), then ****ed up the AIRmatic calibration and made black finger prints on the roof’s carpet and left the car sit in the sun for 4 weeks straight never moved it and told us in the end they couldn’t find the problem of a knocking sound. The wipers were so backed onto the windshield that the rubber came off when we accidentally turned the wipers when we picked it up.

Not a single time did they do what was requested or it was wrong or they broke something.

what can you expect from unattached Million Dollar owners who use these dealerships to launder drug money? Hire morons without diplomas, without brains and without any knowledge of troubleshooting problems. All they know is how to change parts in hopes at some point it will fix the issue.

MBUSA is another animal. Clueless, arrogant and of no help.

This is why I buy tools. Mo tools = Less I have to have other people piss me off. I have 24 Snap-on ratchets now Lol.

Mackhack 05-14-2019 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by equitiesguy (Post 7755107)
This is why I buy tools. Mo tools = Less I have to have other people piss me off. I have 24 Snap-on ratchets now Lol.

So do I (have tools, not 24 ratchets LOL), but with recalls or warranty repairs I thought going in is ok. Guess not. If it wouldn’t be so sad I would laugh about it.

equitiesguy 05-14-2019 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mackhack (Post 7755114)
So do I (have tools, not 24 ratchets LOL), but with recalls or warranty repairs I thought going in is ok. Guess not. If it wouldn’t be so sad I would laugh about it.

I always assume that people like the dealer are generally knowledgeable, and then I remember that everyone is a moron.

Mackhack 05-14-2019 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by equitiesguy (Post 7755117)
I always assume that people like the dealer are generally knowledgeable, and then I remember that everyone is a moron.

So do I but when you see the results one can’t say they have knowledge.

equitiesguy 05-14-2019 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mackhack (Post 7755120)
So do I but when you see the results one can’t say they have knowledge.

They're pretty much trained monkeys at this point. Follow the instructions on the computer. Up sell everything. Claim defects when none exist. Et cetera ad naseum.

On a positive note, I changed my radiator a few months ago and now my car runs around 87-88 degrees. That 7F degree difference makes a world of difference on engine timing Lol.

Mackhack 05-14-2019 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by equitiesguy (Post 7755134)
They're pretty much trained monkeys at this point. Follow the instructions on the computer. Up sell everything. Claim defects when none exist. Et cetera ad naseum.

On a positive note, I changed my radiator a few months ago and now my car runs around 87-88 degrees. That 7F degree difference makes a world of difference on engine timing Lol.

Bingo. In 2006 another dealership though replaced all four sides rotors and brake pads. 6 weeks later on a different repair they told me the brakes are completely down at their minimum and needed to be replaced ASAP.

Last year during a winter event they quoted us around $7000 to replace the flex disks and rear main seal. Both are like new.

i see dark spots on the radiator too and think it’s time to replace it.

equitiesguy 05-14-2019 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mackhack (Post 7755138)
Bingo. In 2006 another dealership though replaced all four sides rotors and brake pads. 6 weeks later on a different repair they told me the brakes are completely down at their minimum and needed to be replaced ASAP.

Last year during a winter event they quoted us around $7000 to replace the flex disks and rear main seal. Both are like new.

i see dark spots on the radiator too and think it’s time to replace it.

Radiators get clogged unfortunately. If its the original I would for sure. It isn't that bad of a job with the exception of the intercooler clips on the bottom where they attach to the radiator. Can even get a BEHR radiator for the E55s. I was stuck with a Valeo because the BEHR version for the CLS55 they claim fits, actually has European transmission fittings and doesn't work on American cars. /Sadface. Just prepare to flush your transmission at the same time --- you have to disconnect the lines anyway, so just time it in my opinion. I did transmission, differential, engine oil, and the radiator on the same day.

On another terrifying note: I'm looking at some of these DIY threads from people on the forum and realizing why I stopped coming here. Some serious third rate advice going on, and it's going to just get me into more "Why the **** would you ever consider doing that?" type of conversations, similar to when I showed people why not to fill the supercharger past 150ml with the bloody gear diagrams to prove it... so I'm promptly logging out for another six months until I forget why I left again.

Hit me up on PMs if you need me.

Mackhack 05-14-2019 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by equitiesguy (Post 7755473)
Radiators get clogged unfortunately. If its the original I would for sure. It isn't that bad of a job with the exception of the intercooler clips on the bottom where they attach to the radiator. Can even get a BEHR radiator for the E55s. I was stuck with a Valeo because the BEHR version for the CLS55 they claim fits, actually has European transmission fittings and doesn't work on American cars. /Sadface. Just prepare to flush your transmission at the same time --- you have to disconnect the lines anyway, so just time it in my opinion. I did transmission, differential, engine oil, and the radiator on the same day.

On another terrifying note: I'm looking at some of these DIY threads from people on the forum and realizing why I stopped coming here. Some serious third rate advice going on, and it's going to just get me into more "Why the **** would you ever consider doing that?" type of conversations, similar to when I showed people why not to fill the supercharger past 150ml with the bloody gear diagrams to prove it... so I'm promptly logging out for another six months until I forget why I left again.

Will do. Take care. ;)

StarvingArtist 05-15-2019 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by equitiesguy (Post 7755473)

Hey, wait a minute, I'm the one who benefited from that supercharger post. If you leave again I might end up with the wrong size tires or something.

RobE55 05-20-2019 08:32 PM

Hello people,

I got the "fuel smell both inside and out" made an appointment with MBSD USA. Great experience. Took in the car on Thursday - they had no loaner for me but no worries, they took care of that through enterprise. Diagnostic and the result was a new tank completely covered. Got it back today and paid nada. Wash and vacuum to boot!

Thank you MB and MBSD USA for standing behind this issue.

Rob

Mackhack 05-20-2019 08:43 PM

Just make sure they put the right harnesses and adapters in or you’ll be in world of **** like so many of us when the pumps fail, the relay holder catches on fire or worse you car burns to the ground like someone’s car I know. I praised them too and now the car is back after our pumps failed and we had to tow the car, get pumps at our expense and we’re fighting the bill and forgotten parts for nearly two weeks now.