W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

E55/E63 Battery Voltage.. What should it be?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2016 | 07:17 PM

Received 130 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by Max.H
Looks fine to me. Mine does the same on occasion. same Voltage as yours.

You might need to change your AUX battery under the hood. That is what controls the convenience functions.
This is incorrect.
Old 01-24-2016 | 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by knowbenz
This is incorrect.
Really, Is that why the convenience features not working light displays on the dash when your AUX battery is low on voltage? I had that light come on my car, repalced the AUX battery and the light went away and convenience features returned.
Old 01-24-2016 | 09:25 PM

Received 130 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by Max.H
Really, Is that why the convenience features not working light displays on the dash when your AUX battery is low on voltage? I had that light come on my car, repalced the AUX battery and the light went away and convenience features returned.
You can remove the aux battery and the consumer light won't come on unless the system battery voltage is low. When the system battery is low the aux battery relay will activate and use aux battery to assist consumers until proper voltage is returned. Your situation was a coincidence
Old 02-05-2016 | 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by knowbenz
You can remove the aux battery and the consumer light won't come on unless the system battery voltage is low. When the system battery is low the aux battery relay will activate and use aux battery to assist consumers until proper voltage is returned. Your situation was a coincidence
I guess coincidences happen frequently because the same happened to me twice. Both when AUX battery was showing low voltage. 1st time original Aux battery needed to be changed. 2nd time issue with alternator. Same thing on my friends E55. Red battery light came on. He changed aux battery and light went away.