W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! Emissions monitors keep saying not ready!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 03:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I own a 2006 E55 AMG parts list longtube headers e63 exhaust ftpheat exchanger and a crank p
Help!!! Emissions monitors keep saying not ready!

Ok guys so I finally got everything dialed in with my e55 new o2s secondary air pump is finally working properly. I I have put over 300 miles on the car since the cel has been cleared which has been 6 days and still no check engine which is good. But the problem is that my emissions monitors are saying they are incomplete Idk what else to do I keep driving it on the highway then some city driving Park the car turn it of for a couple hours then repeat.. What could be causing the monitors to be incomplete still.. Here is a parts list of what's on the car ftplarger model heat exchanger Johnson cm30 intercooler pump 174mm pulley eurocharged upper pulley smaller water pump pulley supersprint long tube headers supersprint mids supersprint high flow cats e63 mufflers 82mm eurocharged throttle body kit and housing and a Eurocharged tune please help me out guys I need to pass emissions in my state which is complete BS in my opinion I feel like I've driven the car more then enough for the monitors to be ready
Old 02-04-2015, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
You need someone to turn off your front O2 sensors!

Jerry at Eurocharged did mine. You have to pull the ECU and ship it to him.... I couldn't get it done with the EuroFlash software.

There might be a way to disable them with STAR if you can find someone knowledgable to help you.

-G
Old 02-04-2015, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
You should have asked your inspector which monitor specifically wasn't ready. Information is really helpful when trying to troubleshoot.

When getting monitors ready, the car has to go through specific conditions. You can drive a 1000 miles, and never hit a specific condition. Search for "drive cycle", I'm sure even a generic drive cycle will do the trick.

With that being said, I have written down where in STAR the code is for the O2 sensors. I'll post it when I get home. Where are you located?
Old 02-04-2015, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
had the issue couple months ago. Unplugged the battery terminals when had work done on the car. Didnt drive the 300 miles minimum and tried to pass emissions. Not ready so waited a week later and passed.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 228 Likes on 172 Posts
2003 SL55 / 2002 SLK32
I didn't catch which state you are in. Rules likely differ state to state, but in California you are allowed to pass if less than 2 monitors are un-set (ie up to 1 un-set).

Here is a procedure that I use to set the monitors and it works consistently for me. It usually takes at least 2 (rarely more than 3) complete run-throughs (from a cold start) for this to work ... but it does work. It is handy if you have an Obd2 scanner that displays "rediness monitor" status so you can keep an eye on your progress (helps you to figure out which parts of the drive-cycle you need to re-do)

Here is it (I originally found it titled "General Motors Driving Cycle" but is works for everything I've used it on)

A complete driving cycle should perform diagnostics on all systems. A complete driving cycle can be done in under fifteen minutes.To perform an OBDII Driving cycle do the following:

1 Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start the engine coolant temperature must be below 50°C (122°F) and within 6°C (11°F) of the ambient air temperature at startup. Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.

2 Idle. The engine must be run for two and a half minutes with the air conditioner on and rear defroster on. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge "No Flow", Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim.

3 Accelerate.
Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 88km/hr (55mph) is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.

4 Hold Steady Speed.
Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.

5. Decelerate. Let off the accelerator pedal. Do not shift, touch the brake or clutch. It is important to let the vehicle coast along gradually slowing down to 32km/hr (20 mph). During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.

6. Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 88-96 km/hr (55-60mph). This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.

7. Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for five minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed. If the catalyst is marginal or the battery has been disconnected, it may take 5 complete driving cycles to determine the state of the catalyst.

8. Decelerate. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 5. Again, don't press the clutch or brakes or shift gears.

Good luck,
Chris
Old 02-04-2015, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Courtesy of pacougar

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...rough-sds.html
Old 02-04-2015, 03:20 PM

I own a 2006 E55 AMG parts list longtube headers e63 exhaust ftpheat exchanger and a crank p
Thanks for all of the responses and I live in Indiana I'm going to contact eurocharged and see what they say
Old 02-04-2015, 04:24 PM

So the monitors that are incomplete are oxygen oxyheat and catalyst I'm not sure if the car needs to be driven more or not
Old 02-05-2015, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
This is how mine looked before Eurocharged did their magic...

Help!!! Emissions monitors keep saying not ready!-img_6917.png

Ignore the "evap" one, I was still fighting a leaking fuel sender back then.

-G
Old 02-07-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 e55
unless you tell them, Eurocharged will end you a tune with rear 02's turned off. you must first disable in rear (secondary 02's)Star which it is different. then have eurocharged send a new file with rear 02's on in their tune.