W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center console rollback cover removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 01:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
w205 C63s, w212 E63,w219CLS500-SOLD! w211 E63, 2006 E60 M5 (KABOOM!)
Center console rollback cover removal? (SOLVED)

Does anyone know how to remove this rollback cover on the center console? I tried searching and even google didn't yield much in the way of results. I can find plenty of info on removing the non rollback center console type, but nothing on the rollback cover. I have wrapped my interior in 4d carbon and the damn cover is the last piece of the puzzle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by jaedee; 02-22-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
E55, E320 CDI , CLA250, Jag XJ Supersport
Originally Posted by jaedee
Does anyone know how to remove this rollback cover on the center console? I tried searching and even google didn't yield much in the way of results. I can find plenty of info on removing the non rollback center console type, but nothing on the rollback cover. I have wrapped my interior in 4d carbon and the damn cover is the last piece of the puzzle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I wrapped the rolltop on my old e500. You have to remove the entire center console and then you'll see how to remove the rolltop. I followed these instructions.

http://bayhas.com/mercedes/w211/contents/INDEX.htm

Here's a link with lots of pics of the wrap.
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...lltop-too.html
Old 02-20-2015, 04:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
w205 C63s, w212 E63,w219CLS500-SOLD! w211 E63, 2006 E60 M5 (KABOOM!)
So after looking at that bayhas link,(only real helpful info there was about the clips inside the vents.) I decided that I would just use my wedge tool and start prying in different areas. I pried from the side of the "ashtray" and the top part popped out. Pried from the other side and then the top part of the "ashtray" was open. Looked inside and saw two torx screws. These screws attach the vents to the center console, along with the above mentioned clips that are inside the vents. To get the console cover out, you do not need to remove the vents, but the two torx screws must be unscrewed. (These screws are captured, so all you need to do is loosen them.) Remove the shift surround and you will find another two torx screws that secure the front of the console. Remove these screws and then proceeded to pull straight up on the top of the console at the back, near the vents. There are four spring clips that hold this on and you must pull VERY hard. At this point, there are two electrical connections and a fiber optic connection to disconnect (assuming you have Bluetooth in your vehicle) and then the console is free to remove. Flip it over and remove the four torx screws to separate the rolling cover housing from the console. You will need to remove the handle (this is self explanatory, you slide the clip off and remove the handle) and then you can proceed to slide the rolling cover out of the housing.

Last edited by jaedee; 02-20-2015 at 04:59 PM.