W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If your days going bad? Just be thankful you have an E55 & didn't do this!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
So by your logic, it's impossible for a non-American RWD car to lose it in the rain? No, your friend either hydroplaned or a rear suspension piece was loose and let go. Again, not a problem that only befalls American cars. The wider the tires, the easier it is to hydroplane.

Also, your second story about the Mustang holds no weight as you have no idea what the circumstances were. No other cars around suggests they might have been screwing around and lost it, but we don't know.

There is a good reason you see more American RWD coupes wrecked than other makes....they are more readily available and popular, so it stands to reason you will see a larger amount of wrecks. That's just odds. That and inexperienced people driving them.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your Mom Krazy
Originally Posted by HeissRod
So by your logic, it's impossible for a non-American RWD car to lose it in the rain? No, your friend either hydroplaned or a rear suspension piece was loose and let go. Again, not a problem that only befalls American cars. The wider the tires, the easier it is to hydroplane.

Also, your second story about the Mustang holds no weight as you have no idea what the circumstances were. No other cars around suggests they might have been screwing around and lost it, but we don't know.

There is a good reason you see more American RWD coupes wrecked than other makes....they are more readily available and popular, so it stands to reason you will see a larger amount of wrecks. That's just odds. That and inexperienced people driving them.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by HeissRod

Exactly, or maybe another car was there? Possibly it was already towed? Or it was further nestled into the trees?? The fact they were both American cars has zero to do w/it.. The dip in the road was probably more severe than described as well as speed traveling & or the condition of tires? etc etc ANY car can suffer the same outcome if dip was severe enough esp covered in fresh rain water soaked in road oils etc etc.. But hell what a great deduction it's most likely sh_ty American made cars falling apart when they get a tiny bit wet, they use glue vs welds & it tends to separate easily in the rain lol.. What a sh_ty boring world we'd be in if VerySwag-boys wish was granted, NO
chargers, challengers, camaros, gto, mustangs, etc. - i wish they all had been left in the classic era, where they've earned their mark. imhoYesterday 05:55 PM veryswag
Old 02-28-2015, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 2005 E55 AMG (Sold)
Originally Posted by Thericker
Exactly, or maybe another car was there? Possibly it was already towed? Or it was further nestled into the trees?? The fact they were both American cars has zero to do w/it.. The dip in the road was probably more severe than described as well as speed traveling & or the condition of tires? etc etc ANY car can suffer the same outcome if dip was severe enough esp covered in fresh rain water soaked in road oils etc etc.. But hell what a great deduction it's most likely sh_ty American made cars falling apart when they get a tiny bit wet, they use glue vs welds & it tends to separate easily in the rain lol.. What a sh_ty boring world we'd be in if VerySwag-boys wish was granted, NO
fyi, it is the same part of the highway i drive on everyday to get to work for the past 5 years. trust me, I stared at that spot on the road quite a bit after that incident & the dip i described as slight, is EXTREMELY slight. you wouldn't ever feel it while driving along and there is absolutely no collection of water. my assumption on the 2nd incident i saw is based on the fact that not only was there no other car, but also not a single police car at the site, yet a tow truck is there. hm. & no other car was further in the trees because the northern state parkway in nassau LI does not have deep forests off the side, it is no more than 30ft wide, mostly grass first then a narrow band of trees and completely level with the roadway, so i could see through.
and yes, any RWD car can loose it in the rain- that does not mean all RWD share the same probability of it happening. i'll take the (much) smaller chance.
from my observations & personal experiences driving both, i would trust a foreign RWD over an american rwd any day of the week. they simply handle themselves like crap. look at the video posted, 3 different accidents all leaving the same MUSTANG meet. Great statistic ..if this were a bmw or AMG meet, this wouldn't be the case. Granted the drivers of those mustangs are about as dumb as they come. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not shooting down all American sport cars, only the ones that are scaled up hot wheels toys. Vettes, vipers, cts-v and the like are in a completely different class . the zr1 was always been one of my favorite cars, the new viper is a work of art and i've dubbed the new z06 as the road king to everyone i talk about it to. american muscle cars from 60s - 70s are some of the sweetest cars ever made. my cousin & i have been working on a 68' camaro restoration over the past 2 summers. this is the day we picked it up: http://imgur.com/a/mwHQe/all

Current model chargers, challengers, Camaros, mustangs, etc bring the bad image to themselves. Go to Google Images and search “Hot Wheels”. this is what you will see:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-cont...pt-626x415.jpg

Really is hard to take them seriously and not view them as a joke. I am not interested in driving or even looking at the star of a transformers kids movie. I don’t want to get my nephew a happy meal from mcdonald’s and see my car in the bag. For me they are not appealing, perform poorly and fail to excel at any particular thing. I personally would never spend a dime of my money on one of these cars but that is just me.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
I'd be interested in pics of the Camaro when you're done.

Originally Posted by veryswag
..if this were a bmw or AMG meet, this wouldn't be the case.
You're kidding, right? Idiot drivers come in all kinds of cars, not just American.....or maybe you've missed the video that started this thread?
Old 03-01-2015, 05:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A teal Vespa with tassles and glitter. You know you're jealous.
I owned a few mustangs before I bought my AMG and I can say from personal experience that the AMG felt more solid and planted in rainy weather. Did that mean I was going to do 80 in a 70 in the rain? No, common sense says that isnt a smart idea.

Driver error and poor judgement are the reason the incidents happened in the videos posted in this thread. Has noting to do with where the car was made. I can find lots of pics of European cars destroyed in Europe due to driver error.

I was an idiot one night with my C32 and was showing off with a buddy in the car and came into a empty parking lot too fast and took a corner far too fast and had the back end of the car break away and then grab which then slingshot me towards an island with trees. I was able to avoid hitting the island and avoided a crash but due to driver error I did lose control of my car momentarily. Simple as that. That was the moment I stopped screwing around too. Luckily it was an empty parking lot and no one was around but I had a passenger that I put in danger.

Andrew
Old 03-01-2015, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Why do people just let go of the throttle when a car starts to slide. So ****ing stupid. There is a weight transfer than happens and upsets the car even more. Haven't these retards seen how you can make a FWD car oversteer by lifting off. It's like modulation doesn't exist and it's either on or off.....or maybe their throttle is like that.

I'm not gonna lie and I don't give a **** what anyone thinks but I regularly turn ESP off and powerslide around corners (when appropriate, not side streets) on public roads. It's not a safe thing to do on public street no matter what the conditions are and what your driving skills are. There are too many objects like power poles, other cars and trees etc. We all make mistakes but on public roads it endangers not just you. I feel guilty when I do it but GOD DAMMIT THE CAR HAS TOO MUCH POWER!!! I've found that the AMG is pretty predictable though compared to other cars.