W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Thinking of getting a E55 anyone in the Baltimore area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2015 | 10:28 AM

Volvo S60R
Thinking of getting a E55 anyone in the Baltimore area

Hey everyone

Thinking of getting rid of my Volvo S60R and going for an E55.

I wanted to see if there is anyone living in the area around Baltimore MD, that would be willing to meet, and just give me a ride. I am not asking to drive your car or anything just get a ride and feel for the car.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2015 | 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Sure.

I'm actually selling mine, too, buy it. Lucky you
Old 02-27-2015 | 07:23 PM

Volvo S60R
No one?
Old 02-27-2015 | 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by s_ager
No one?
Give it some time.

1. Your post has only been up for less than 48 hours.
2. You have 9 posts so far. Not a reputation yet, so some may not be comfortable inviting a completely stranger and complete virtual stranger to go for a potentially spirited drive.
3. What you're asking is slightly unusual. And it may be only marginally helpful.
4. If you gave us more details about what you were looking for, price points, colors, which year, and other specifics, people may be more inclined to help you.
5. Small market, not a huge amount of E55 drivers on this forum live or work in the immediate Baltimore area. So that's a tiny percentage of this forum. It's probably a single digit number of active people on this forum.

So give it some time, be patient, and maybe someone will volunteer. Maybe offer to meet people within other cities. The vast majority of the E55 owners are in states that have no snow. And that fact is more or less represented on this forum.
Old 02-27-2015 | 08:45 PM

Volvo S60R
Hey

Thanks for the advise. You are properly right... I did not even think about the risk thing.... the dane in me does not think that way.

I am looking for a 05-06 year in some cases a 04 if lower mileage.
The options I am looking fore, but still not dead set on.
Key less go
Parking sensors
Lighting package
Adaptive cruise control even though it looks live very few have that option.

I have seen the prices they are going fore, and I am fine with that. And to just answer the question right away, yes I can afford the car. Many parts on the car is not more expensive then my S60R I have now.
Also surprising is that the E55 is only 70$ more a year in insurance.

A thing I would like to know. I am a big guy 6.5 tall. any one else that size and do you sit comfortably in the car? And when sitting in the car, can anyone sit behind you?

A question I cannot find answered in here is about hitch option you can install, and how much they can tow then.

Originally Posted by patrick_y
Give it some time.

1. Your post has only been up for less than 48 hours.
2. You have 9 posts so far. Not a reputation yet, so some may not be comfortable inviting a completely stranger and complete virtual stranger to go for a potentially spirited drive.
3. What you're asking is slightly unusual. And it may be only marginally helpful.
4. If you gave us more details about what you were looking for, price points, colors, which year, and other specifics, people may be more inclined to help you.
5. Small market, not a huge amount of E55 drivers on this forum live or work in the immediate Baltimore area. So that's a tiny percentage of this forum. It's probably a single digit number of active people on this forum.

So give it some time, be patient, and maybe someone will volunteer. Maybe offer to meet people within other cities. The vast majority of the E55 owners are in states that have no snow. And that fact is more or less represented on this forum.
Old 02-28-2015 | 12:24 AM

2005 E55 amg
6'5" What are you doing with a S60R? That car does not have any leg room.
Old 02-28-2015 | 12:26 AM

2006 E55 - Eurocharged Stage 1
I know the e55 can tow a trailor, but only when racing a z.
Old 02-28-2015 | 09:28 AM

Volvo S60R
Doing fine in it... granted no one sits behind be ever.

Originally Posted by T9ja
6'5" What are you doing with a S60R? That car does not have any leg room.
Old 02-28-2015 | 09:30 AM

Volvo S60R
trust me I have seen that one many times.... oh the joy that driver must have felt.

I do love it when people think... ohhh a slow volvo....

Originally Posted by NorthernVA
I know the e55 can tow a trailor, but only when racing a z.
Old 02-28-2015 | 05:16 PM

'05 SL55
Originally Posted by s_ager
Hey everyone

Thinking of getting rid of my Volvo S60R and going for an E55.

I wanted to see if there is anyone living in the area around Baltimore MD, that would be willing to meet, and just give me a ride. I am not asking to drive your car or anything just get a ride and feel for the car.

Thanks
Ok, pretty weird because I just picked one up because I decided not to put $$ into engine mods on my S60 T5. I am in Harford County. I travel a lot but would be willing to meet for a ride in the next couple weeks. PM me for contact info
Old 03-01-2015 | 07:31 AM

Volvo S60R
Ha, to funny....

yeah the R has serve me well for 5 years, but it is time for something new.

I will send pm...

Thanks again

Originally Posted by erupert66
Ok, pretty weird because I just picked one up because I decided not to put $$ into engine mods on my S60 T5. I am in Harford County. I travel a lot but would be willing to meet for a ride in the next couple weeks. PM me for contact info
Old 03-02-2015 | 06:38 PM

w211
Pm'ed
Old 03-08-2015 | 10:46 PM

07 E63 AMG
What??? No E63....

Just kidding, saw your post and just bought an 07 E63. If you guys ever get together let me know, would be good to get a together with a few fellow AMG owners...
Old 03-09-2015 | 07:16 AM

'05 SL55
Definitely! s_ager - I am not going to be able to get together with you. The snow screwed up my Thursday plan, I was gone for the weekend with my son and Wed AM I leave the country until March 22 on business/vacation. I will get in touch when I return if you didn't already bite the bullet and pick one up.

I joined MBCA and there is a Concours event in N VA on May 3rd with Mercedes, BMW and Porsche. I am also registered for Carlisle. ( had the Volvo registered and switched to Mercedes ).
Old 03-09-2015 | 08:17 AM

Volvo S60R
Nope... I need either a SC or Turbo under the hood... :-)

Originally Posted by scola888
Just kidding, saw your post and just bought an 07 E63. If you guys ever get together let me know, would be good to get a together with a few fellow AMG owners...
Old 03-09-2015 | 08:18 AM

Volvo S60R
Nope, nothing yet.. I am not in a hurry. Going to wait for the right one.

Sounds good man thanks... have a good trip

Definitely! s_ager - I am not going to be able to get together with you. The snow screwed up my Thursday plan, I was gone for the weekend with my son and Wed AM I leave the country until March 22 on business/vacation. I will get in touch when I return if you didn't already bite the bullet and pick one up.

I joined MBCA and there is a Concours event in N VA on May 3rd with Mercedes, BMW and Porsche. I am also registered for Carlisle. ( had the Volvo registered and switched to Mercedes ).
Old 03-09-2015 | 02:21 PM

07 E63 AMG
04 for sale in Silver Spring...

There is a guy on eBay selling an 04 e55 w/51k in Silver Spring, MD. I think his price is a little high but ur call....
Old 03-11-2015 | 10:15 AM

Volvo S60R
Yeah I have been checking it out... and yeah the price is high, and I have asked for some additional pics, and some more info, but gotten nothing back. So let's see.

But I think first his price is to high, because of other models there are 05 or 06 goes for same or even lower price... and these models has around the same amount of miles... maybe 10K more miles. But I would rather have a year newer than 10K less miles. That's just my taste.

I am taking my time and have been reading sticky notes in here, and just following the market.

There is a guy on eBay selling an 04 e55 w/51k in Silver Spring, MD. I think his price is a little high but ur call....
Old 03-11-2015 | 10:20 AM

07 E63 AMG
Too high...

Yeah, I think he's about 4-5k off personally. He does have some kind of warranty on it though that he states is transferable but it does not justify the cost. He does take awhile to respond, as a matter of fact that delay is what resulted in me purchasing the 07 E63 instead. Same price, 3 yrs newer and only 10k more miles. 16-17k is the sweet spot provided it's jn the condition he states, IMHO.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2015 | 10:29 AM

Volvo S60R
See I found out that the extended warranty he has is up in May, so that does not justify that much more at all.
I am lucky enough that I am not in a hurry. I will pay cash for my car so not in need of getting anything in order, when I find the right one for me.
With the R i have now, I was patient, and got a great car for a good price.But until then, I just keep educating myself.

Yeah, I think he's about 4-5k off personally. He does have some kind of warranty on it though that he states is transferable but it does not justify the cost. He does take awhile to respond, as a matter of fact that delay is what resulted in me purchasing the 07 E63 instead. Same price, 3 yrs newer and only 10k more miles. 16-17k is the sweet spot provided it's jn the condition he states, IMHO.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2015 | 11:45 AM

'05 SL55

Good luck!
Similar experience in Harford County. Car listed on Craigslist. Took 2 emails to get a response. In the meantime, I was birddogging one in Atlanta. I sent another email and he gave me a time to call (his lunchtime) which I couldn't do because I was on the West Coast at the time. I asked for an alternate time, called and left a voicemail. this guy is 15 min from my house. Never responded. Not sure why you list a car for sale if you don't plan on making the effort to sell it. I made it clear of my intentions, my timing and lack of any need for financing so it's not like some punk kid asking a bunch of questions for a car he cannot afford.

As for price. I picked up an '06 with 152K but decent to good service records, 19" AMG wheels and almost brand new Pilot Cup Sports. Flawless inside and out. mObridge system installed. Got it for $13,500.

For MD inspection it needed two upper ball joints up front. The belts were old so I replaced them. There are a couple minor oil leaks. valve cover gaskets need to be replaced and maybe something up front by the oil filter reservoir. The only concerns are that the headlights (low beam xenon) aren't bright enough (inspection noted but not failed) which doesn't seem to have an easy answer other than maybe the projector lenses are cloudy (not the outer ones) and there is a slight leak in the airmatic in the rear. the rear settles out if the car is parked for several days. comes right back to level within a few seconds when you start the engine. At $13,500 I am ok with having to put some $$ into it. I do most all my own work and I am keeping my Volvo as the rainy day/crappy winter weather car so I am not planning on racking up lots of miles.
Old 03-12-2015 | 02:03 AM

2005 E55 amg
Similar experience in Harford County. Car listed on Craigslist. Took 2 emails to get a response. In the meantime, I was birddogging one in Atlanta. I sent another email and he gave me a time to call (his lunchtime) which I couldn't do because I was on the West Coast at the time. I asked for an alternate time, called and left a voicemail. this guy is 15 min from my house. Never responded. Not sure why you list a car for sale if you don't plan on making the effort to sell it. I made it clear of my intentions, my timing and lack of any need for financing so it's not like some punk kid asking a bunch of questions for a car he cannot afford.

As for price. I picked up an '06 with 152K but decent to good service records, 19" AMG wheels and almost brand new Pilot Cup Sports. Flawless inside and out. mObridge system installed. Got it for $13,500.

For MD inspection it needed two upper ball joints up front. The belts were old so I replaced them. There are a couple minor oil leaks. valve cover gaskets need to be replaced and maybe something up front by the oil filter reservoir. The only concerns are that the headlights (low beam xenon) aren't bright enough (inspection noted but not failed) which doesn't seem to have an easy answer other than maybe the projector lenses are cloudy (not the outer ones) and there is a slight leak in the airmatic in the rear. the rear settles out if the car is parked for several days. comes right back to level within a few seconds when you start the engine. At $13,500 I am ok with having to put some $$ into it. I do most all my own work and I am keeping my Volvo as the rainy day/crappy winter weather car so I am not planning on racking up lots of miles.
Maybe you could do some of my work for me as well.
Old 03-12-2015 | 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320

152k miles on a 2006! I'm looking forward to the many hundreds of thousands of miles I am to enjoy with mine!
Old 03-12-2015 | 09:31 AM

Volvo S60R
wow... 152K miles... I don't know if I have the ***** to go for that... I can fix some things on the car but not all, luckily I have a friend who is a mechanic, he mostly works on Grand nationals, but he does give pitty on me and helps me a times :-)

You are right that some sellers here in the area, does not react at all to emails, even though I make a point to send very specific questions. But either they must have wagon loads of money and dont care if they sell, or they simply already sold the car, and have not taken the add down.

Keeping my eyes open, and suddenly it will be there, and the Volvo will have to go, and that will not be a issue apparently.

Old 03-12-2015 | 09:47 PM

S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
Let me know if you need anything

www.mercedes-md.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting a E55 anyone in the Baltimore area