W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 E55 Need Help From the Community Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 e55 amg
2006 E55 Need Help From the Community Please!

Hello Community , i have really exhausted all of my options. My E55 has 89k miles , i am the original owner of the car . The problem i am experianceing and i will describe it as best as possible. The car at around 1k RPM feels weird, ( sluggish like ) if i am in a school zone and keep it at 1k RPM exactly the car all of sudden starts to jerk back and forth and when i come to a complete stop the car is shaking like if a " cylinder shut down " . I turn off the car , restart it and everything back to normal. i cannot have the car driving at 1k RPM because the same thing will happen . If i drive above 1k RPM the car seems fine responds fine . A mechanic told me change the wires and plugs which i did plus all the coil packs as well. Well this did not resolve the issue at all . I cant remember when exactly the problem started but i know its been like this for a while to the point where i am considering selling the car because i cant seem to fix the issue and i dont want to start buying and replacing unessary parts . I took it to a shop were they had a decent scanner ( not star ) and the codes they got were P0507 " idle speed control implausible " and Pressure Sensor p2007. Maybe another member here has experianced similar problem and or issue. Car is amazing but i just hit a dead end with the possibilitys. I have checked all vaccum hoses as well nothing seems dissconnected or out of place , dont know what else i am missing or could be the problem. The car is 100% stock BTW . i would appreciate any feedback from the community . Thank you in advance.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:21 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
You P2007 code is also a P0105 code, which is for faulty MAP sensor. This usually occurs when cruising at a higher RPM but I wouldn't be surprised if it occurred while keeping a steady rpm at any speed. Although a pain in the *** to change out, the MAP sensor is cheap to replace.. and may be all you need.

The P0507 is likely a small vacuum leak. I would check for cuts or abrasions on vac/boost lines in and around the throttle body snout. There is a plastic line that turns into a metal line that plugs into the driver side of the snout below the throttle body... I'd check that whole line first.

Before you do any of this, do a neg batt reset and make sure the issue is still there
Old 03-18-2015, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
I had similar issue 1 month ago but not sure is the same as yours. In low speed very slow like Supercharge not engaging. But turn off the engine and restart then everything is fine. The problem was Transmission conductor plate. What I remember from other member saying that computer try to protect the engine so went to limp mode. The part is about $200 + Labor. I did my tranny service in the same time.