Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by 03svtkiller
Thank you sir I knew someone out there had the goods
I messed up the decimal place on the rear toe in. Please check and give the right numbers to your alignment shop!!!

BTW with my rear tires wearing out on the Michelin AS3s.....I just replaced my wife's rear tires as well.....She has the same issue. Worn right in the middle.
In both cars (mine and hers) we had NO idea the rear tires were even worn down at all., it looks perfect looking from behind and on the inner and outer shoulder. Her car is a Bone Stock E60 BMW 528i that requires icy roads to be able to spin the tires. However I did also have hers at 38-40psi and she only got 20 to 25k miles out of her rears. Fronts look like new still.
I only found out the rears were worn because I went to have my wheel checked after hitting a pothole and getting vibration, and decided to get them all re-balanced while I was there. I took hers just for a rotation and balance. Both visits resulted in new rear tires.
I am not impressed with those Michelin's.

Last edited by kponti; 05-20-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:13 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
Well I guess I can only tell them to do their best... I just don't understand why MB doesn't want to do the alignment?? it's like ok so what it's on coilovers and that its lowered and that it has adjustable arms n toe links wouldn't it make it easier for them, makes no freaking sense..
There's this magic word... called Liability.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:52 PM
SPONSOR

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
... in the rear if it goes positive it rubs so that means it can only go negative for it not to rub...

Yes the reason dealer or alignment shop can only adjust to “extra” negative Camber is because with “adjustable arms” – to “reduce” (and resolve premature inner edge tire wear) they need to adjust, push top of tires outwards eliminating in your case essential clearance - top of tire to outer fender!

While K-MAC rear (and front) kits because of above are specifically designed to adjust bottom of tires inwards.

They replace the lower/inner control arm bushes. The unique patented design also allows precise “single wrench” adjustment on car, accurately under load – direct on alignment rack.

This design breakthrough eliminates the need to labour intensively remove these bushes and reposition each time or in the case of front (Camber and Caster) adjuster kits the inaccurate (one only position) fluted bolts - and with these front bolts only offering quarter of the K-MAC adjustment range.

K-MAC are the longest established and the original manufacturers of front and rear adjuster kits to suit Mercedes, And which now are available for virtually every model 1968 to 2015 allowing precise (ongoing) adjustment to return to factory specs after altering height, fitting wide profile tires/wheels, load carrying, curb knock damage or just wanting to be able to fine tune specs/traction on race days. Come with bush extraction/insertion tubes and proven designs. At less than quarter the price and yet more adjustment range of other brands.

See below link re 2015 Catalog. Special “delivery price” to MB World Members USA/Canada - $30 one kit or $40 for front and rear.