Feeler..... Twin Turbo E55 for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by dllhg
You have a 2013+ ? thats fantastic for boltons. Headers too right ? Must have gotten a sick 60 foot. They do need an auto. I'd like the new Z06 with an 8 speed auto. Those run high 10s stock with stock tires. I imagine they would be quite easy to get into the 9s as well. FUGLY *** end as well though IMO. Rest of car looks good atleast. I really wish Mercedes or Porsche had a car they could get to those kind of numbers easier.
Yea forgot to put headers and exhaust. 1.41 60ft. Don't have a video of it but I'm sure the left front tire was in the air a little. With an auto that would of easily been a 9.80 pass. I can row gears with the best of them but I have to drive the ***** out of the car down the track skating around.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
[QUOTE=c55asleep?;6494442]
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky

I gotta finish what he didn't lol
It has my old EC long tube headers on it. And I've driven it before too.

Let me know if I can help.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Such a sick car. Congrats on that build and your times. Would be awesome if someone made an affordable kit for these cars. I think a lot of people would swap.
Thanks!

What would you consider an affordable price? There is a lot of small things involved that would eventually add up. I can easily copy this but I'm just not sure if it would sell.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
[QUOTE=RedBullJnky;6494490]
Originally Posted by c55asleep?

It has my old EC long tube headers on it. And I've driven it before too.

Let me know if I can help.
Thank you sir for the offer! I appreciate it. I finished up a few things that a shop had over looked and had it retuned by Tony. It runs really well. Ask Drew lol, But after everything that recently came up with tony, I reached out to JSbenz and I'm really looking forward to have someone locally to take a look at it. I recently replaced the upper supercharger pulley with a 87mm....
Old 07-12-2015, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
[QUOTE=c55asleep?;6494503]

Thank you sir for the offer! I appreciate it. I finished up a few things that a shop had over looked and had it retuned by Tony. It runs really well. Ask Drew lol, But after everything that recently came up with tony, I reached out to JSbenz and I'm really looking forward to have someone locally to take a look at it. I recently replaced the upper supercharger pulley with a 87mm....
JR is a personal friend of mine and good people.

I'll talk to you more about your car in person. Things you should know. But I'll keep it between us for now.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:34 PM

Bicycle
[QUOTE=RedBullJnky;6494518]

JR is a personal friend of mine and good people.

I'll talk to you more about your car in person. Things you should know. But I'll keep it between us for now.
No problem.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:24 AM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
W212 E63 AMG S Model
Thanks!

What would you consider an affordable price? There is a lot of small things involved that would eventually add up. I can easily copy this but I'm just not sure if it would sell.
I'm not sure about affordable, but a reasonable price would be somewhere around what Weistec charges for the supercharger kit. It would make sense if it cost a bit more as it has proven more (with only one example).
Old 07-13-2015, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
[QUOTE=RedBullJnky;6494518]
Things you should know. But I'll keep it between us for now.
Oooohhhhh.....a secret?
Old 07-13-2015, 10:14 AM

Bicycle
[QUOTE=moosejaw;6494862]

Oooohhhhh.....a secret?
Yes, a secret! You don't need to know, you own a furd now lol.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
[QUOTE=c55asleep?;6494893]
Originally Posted by moosejaw

Yes, a secret! You don't need to know, you own a furd now lol.
Yes thanks for the the intake install btw
The zombie apocalypse vehicle gets a lot better mileage now!
Beats driving that chevrolet you use to have! A Chevy Cruze with recaros LOL

Feeler..... Twin Turbo E55 for sale-raptor002_zpslp1o1ce5.jpg
Old 07-13-2015, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by efiftyfizzle
I'm not sure about affordable, but a reasonable price would be somewhere around what Weistec charges for the supercharger kit. It would make sense if it cost a bit more as it has proven more (with only one example).
Just the sc or all the upgrades as well?
Old 07-13-2015, 09:46 PM

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
2015 gl450
RBJ, being from south FL, you know a tuner by the name of Johan? If you need assistance tuning this platform he may be able to point you in the proper direction. Former developer for DS.

Also, any one consider a bigger head unit for the supercharger, possible Whipple 2.9 maybe?

Great thread, figure I'd add my two cents.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Mike450
RBJ, being from south FL, you know a tuner by the name of Johan? If you need assistance tuning this platform he may be able to point you in the proper direction. Former developer for DS.

Also, any one consider a bigger head unit for the supercharger, possible Whipple 2.9 maybe?

Weistec uses a whipple 2.9
Old 07-13-2015, 09:56 PM

2015 gl450
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Weistec uses a whipple 2.9
The 175ax?

Edit: from the limited info inline, it does appear to be the 175ax.

Last edited by Mike450; 07-13-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Thanks!

As someone else mentioned Weistec range would be appealing to more people. I think something in thr 8-9K range would do very well. Other platforms people start off with a canned tune from someone with the same turbo setup on the same car. Fine tune it for that specific car from there.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate

Wow!!! No disrespect, but maybe you should do a little more research on my car. I have the only tuner that is capable of tuning the twin turbo conversion that I've done. All others have failed. Appreciate the offer! But I think we've got it handled.
As someone else mentioned Weistec range would be appealing to more people. I think something in thr 8-9K range would do very well. Other platforms people start off with a canned tune from someone with the same turbo setup on the same car. Fine tune it for that specific car from there.
I've spent that much in tuning and dyno time.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:32 AM

W212 E63 AMG S Model
I've spent that much in tuning and dyno time.
You may have spent that much in tuning and dyno time, but that's because you were the guinea pig. That counts as labor... if you want to replicate this kit and sell it, you have to figure out your costs + desired profit to see if it will be at a price point for this market. The value of these cars is still depreciating like crazy (saw one get sold for less than $10k the other day), so you can't imagine someone like that would be a potential customer. These cars are already very limited as is, so perhaps aiming to make it work for all platforms that have the M113 motor would be the better approach to reach a wider customer base. It a nutshell, looks like a lot of work and even more risk, but sometimes that's what it takes to release a breakthrough product.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
You may have spent that much in tuning and dyno time, but that's because you were the guinea pig. That counts as labor... if you want to replicate this kit and sell it, you have to figure out your costs + desired profit to see if it will be at a price point for this market. The value of these cars is still depreciating like crazy (saw one get sold for less than $10k the other day), so you can't imagine someone like that would be a potential customer. These cars are already very limited as is, so perhaps aiming to make it work for all platforms that have the M113 motor would be the better approach to reach a wider customer base. It a nutshell, looks like a lot of work and even more risk, but sometimes that's what it takes to release a breakthrough product.
Did you just call me a pig??? JK

The depreciation of these cars is why we don't feel there is enough interest in building kits. Who wants to buy a kit that cost as much as the car?

I think I would have a better chance with a twin turbo C63.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
Did you just call me a pig??? JK
He also called you a Guinea

If you had to throw out a ball-park figure on the price of a kit, could you do that now?
Old 07-14-2015, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by Denroll
He also called you a Guinea

If you had to throw out a ball-park figure on the price of a kit, could you do that now?
I guess anywhere from 8 to 10k. Some of you would easily net more hp with all the other mods in place. But from stock to conversion on low boost (12-13psi) would easily hit 600+rwhp.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
Hmmmm, how bad do my kids need to go to college?
Old 07-14-2015, 12:38 PM

2015 gl450
Wow!!! No disrespect, but maybe you should do a little more research on my car. I have the only tuner that is capable of tuning the twin turbo conversion that I've done. All others have failed. Appreciate the offer! But I think we've got it handled.

Like I said before, the tuning has always been the main problem.
Ok, don't understand why you would react like that, but oh well ...lol

Look forward to your unprecedented 9 second runs. How many spare NAG1's you have in the garage?

Last edited by Mike450; 07-14-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:39 PM

W212 E63 AMG S Model
I guess anywhere from 8 to 10k. Some of you would easily net more hp with all the other mods in place. But from stock to conversion on low boost (12-13psi) would easily hit 600+rwhp.
That's actually not that bad. That's right around where I was thinking. You may be thinking, "who wants to spend money on a kit that costs as much as the car"... and while that may be true, others will find the opportunity to have a 600+rwhp car (and a sedan for that matter) for less than $25-30k.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
That's actually not that bad. That's right around where I was thinking. You may be thinking, "who wants to spend money on a kit that costs as much as the car"... and while that may be true, others will find the opportunity to have a 600+rwhp car (and a sedan for that matter) for less than $25-30k.
Only idiots like me
Old 07-14-2015, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Ok, don't understand why you would react like that, but oh well ...lol

Look forward to your unprecedented 9 second runs. How many spare NAG1's you have in the garage?
The tuning has always been the problem for everyone else. I have the tuner that has proven to be the only one that has tuned it correctly.
I have a spare block and trans. But my goal has always been to do this on stock engine and trans. I'm still on stock fuel system also with the exception of larger injectors.
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Only idiots like me
Yup! Me too

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feeler..... Twin Turbo E55 for sale