W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Finally found the stutter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2015 | 01:18 PM

W211 E55 Wagon, E46 M3
Sorry to see this happen to you c55asleep? I don't know you or know anything about your car and the history here but I admire the honesty and full disclosure on what you found on the car in hopes of perhaps helping other members down the road. You could've easily swept this under the rug and pass the buck down to some other sorry soul but you did't. you did the right thing despite it all. Congrats on the kid. Wish you and your wife a healthy baby! I have a 1 yr old with another on it's way so I can understand the extra burden. If there's such a thing as good karma, you've definitely earned some.
Old 08-16-2015 | 01:49 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by trackjunky
Sorry to see this happen to you c55asleep? I don't know you or know anything about your car and the history here but I admire the honesty and full disclosure on what you found on the car in hopes of perhaps helping other members down the road. You could've easily swept this under the rug and pass the buck down to some other sorry soul but you did't. you did the right thing despite it all. Congrats on the kid. Wish you and your wife a healthy baby! I have a 1 yr old with another on it's way so I can understand the extra burden. If there's such a thing as good karma, you've definitely earned some.
Thank you trackjunky. It's not fair for me to keep my mouth shut and not say anything and sell the car like that. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that any minute the engine can blow for the new owner. Lately around here there has been lots of sweeping things under the rug to protect the owners as well as shops. Well, this is what it is. I'm not sugar coating ****. Like I mentioned earlier, someone knew this motor was screwed and if they didn't they shouldn't be tuning.....
Old 08-16-2015 | 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Sorry to hear this
On another more important note...
Congrats on your kid!
Old 08-16-2015 | 02:49 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by Hulk
Sorry to hear this
Congrats on your kid!
Thank hulk.. Waiting here at the hospital. Wife wasn't feeling to well.
Old 08-16-2015 | 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by c55asleep?
Thank you trackjunky. It's not fair for me to keep my mouth shut and not say anything and sell the car like that. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that any minute the engine can blow for the new owner. Lately around here there has been lots of sweeping things under the rug to protect the owners as well as shops. Well, this is what it is. I'm not sugar coating ****. Like I mentioned earlier, someone knew this motor was screwed and if they didn't they shouldn't be tuning.....
Fully agree!!!

I do like the idea we talked about earlier. I'll be home tonight and I'll see you this week to help.
Old 08-16-2015 | 06:45 PM

2016 E63s
Originally Posted by Hulk
Sorry to hear this
Congrats on your kid!
I'm with Hulk. Congratulations on the baby! I hope things work out with the car.
Old 08-16-2015 | 07:57 PM

W220 V12TT Land Yacht / W211 E55 Estate
wow... this thread is going downhill fast. I thought you guys were good buddies when I first met you at Hooters back in April, so Im not sure where this is coming from. I can say that Im in the middle of building a large facility and Andrew (moosejaw) has gone out of his way to help me and put me in touch with some of his construction/architectural contacts without asking for anything. He is "good people" as far as I am concerned and highly doubt that he would ever knowingly do this to someone. Elliot was also very friendly to me and accepted me into the south florida AMG family with open arms as well, so I don't know what to make about this gripe between the two of them. Hoepfully, you guys straighten it out!
Old 08-17-2015 | 07:05 AM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by m3j0n
wow... this thread is going downhill fast. I thought you guys were good buddies when I first met you at Hooters back in April, so Im not sure where this is coming from. I can say that Im in the middle of building a large facility and Andrew (moosejaw) has gone out of his way to help me and put me in touch with some of his construction/architectural contacts without asking for anything. He is "good people" as far as I am concerned and highly doubt that he would ever knowingly do this to someone. Elliot was also very friendly to me and accepted me into the south florida AMG family with open arms as well, so I don't know what to make about this gripe between the two of them. Hoepfully, you guys straighten it out!
M3j0n, I never said Andrew was not "good people"... Nor did I accuse him of selling this turd with this problem. What I did say someone knew it had a problem and I got screwed. He knows as well as I know that the car was tuned for hours on a dyno by a tuner and couldn't get good results. Immediate red flag that something was wrong. Again, if I noticed something was off how come the tuner didn't? It has long tube headers, 82mm TB, 550 injectors, fuel rail loop, split cooling system, a 180mm lower and it barely couldn't pass 480.... According to Andrew himself the tuner didn't know what the hell was the problem. Upon receiving the car from Andrew I asked him about the "stutter" he told me it happened after the 82mm TB and should be just a retune issue along with the mileage display flashing lines that he never mentioned to me until I sat on the car and drove him home..That's why I was after the problem thinking of it being the TB. When Tony sent me a tune it got better. But after I replaced the alternator and the car sat for a couple of weeks the "stutter" started again. Reached out to tony but was right when he was in the process of leaving BIP.... Then recently was when I got together with LWS tuning and told me the car has a problem. Fix it before we keep messing with it. Well, we found the problem. Again, someone must of had an idea something was wrong.... Whatever now, life goes on..

Last edited by c55asleep?; 08-17-2015 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-17-2015 | 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
That really sucks but, baby on the way much better, Congrats!! You could find a used long block, swap your supercharger and stuff back on and drive the car. Take your old parts and sell them if you want and someone will buy your old motor. Plenty of people looking to build E55 engines. It will take some cash in the beginning but you will recover and might break even depending on what you decide to sell and how you do it. GL!
Old 08-17-2015 | 12:23 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by Max.H
That really sucks but, baby on the way much better, Congrats!! You could find a used long block, swap your supercharger and stuff back on and drive the car. Take your old parts and sell them if you want and someone will buy your old motor. Plenty of people looking to build E55 engines. It will take some cash in the beginning but you will recover and might break even depending on what you decide to sell and how you do it. GL!
Thanks brotha. With the baby on the way I can't afford to do anything now nor for a long time. Just made a thread.. https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-2004-e55.html
Old 08-17-2015 | 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
..... along with the mileage display flashing lines that he never mentioned to me until I sat on the car and drove him home..
Is the mileage display still flashing dashes? This usually indicates the instrument cluster has been swapped from another car. Does yours have the 200mph speedo from a later model? What is the true mileage of the car if it's not showing in the cluster?

Good luck with the baby. The first 6 months are pretty tough, but once they get older they are more fun. My 4 year old son is a lot of fun.
Old 08-17-2015 | 06:37 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Is the mileage display still flashing dashes? This usually indicates the instrument cluster has been swapped from another car. Does yours have the 200mph speedo from a later model? What is the true mileage of the car if it's not showing in the cluster?

Good luck with the baby. The first 6 months are pretty tough, but once they get older they are more fun. My 4 year old son is a lot of fun.
That was the first thing I had to fix.... Had a Mercedes tech relearn or something like that to the cluster using Star and fixed it. Car has 65,xxx. I'm very excited! I have a 8year old daughter so this is my first boy!
Old 08-17-2015 | 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
That was the first thing I had to fix.... Had a Mercedes tech relearn or something like that to the cluster using Star and fixed it. Car has 65,xxx. I'm very excited! I have a 8year old daughter so this is my first boy!

Girl and a boy, Sounds awesome!! Good point, does your cluster show 200mph? Any other way to know if your cluster was swapped? I wonder why your cluster had to be re learned?
Old 08-17-2015 | 08:03 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by Max.H
Girl and a boy, Sounds awesome!! Good point, does your cluster show 200mph? Any other way to know if your cluster was swapped? I wonder why your cluster had to be re learned?
No, it reads 160... I was told by the tech that sometimes if you do a brake job without turning off or disconnecting the sbc it triggers the odometer to read the flashing lines. Again this is what I was told. Coincidently Andrew had a shop replace the brake pads and rotors before I purchased it. The tech that did the relearn had no idea the brakes had been done recently. I assumed there was a chance that's what it was. He said while working at the Mercedes dealer he saw it happen a few times... Who knows.. At least he was able to fix it for $100... Out of my pocket go figure.........
Old 08-17-2015 | 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
I'm very excited! I have a 8year old daughter so this is my first boy!
I'm not sure whether to congratulate you or not. I have three boys.
Old 08-21-2015 | 07:39 AM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by HeissRod
I'm not sure whether to congratulate you or not. I have three boys.
As long as he doesn't turn out like me lol.

Btw incase anyone is looking for injectors https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...injectors.html

Also have a quaife brand new with oem bearings, and seals for sale.
Old 08-21-2015 | 08:47 AM

04 e55
fyi
I have no affiliation with this sale --

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/5160545540.html
Old 08-21-2015 | 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sold - 05' E55
Mileage is high but who cares that is a decent price with everything on the motor.
Nice find
Old 08-21-2015 | 12:34 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by hayseed
fyi
I have no affiliation with this sale --

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/5160545540.html
Thanks, someone purchased it already.
Old 08-21-2015 | 11:16 PM

2004 e55
really bad situation man and worst timing possible bro
Old 08-22-2015 | 11:03 AM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by miamiE55
really bad situation man and worst timing possible bro
Yea brotha it really sucks. I sold the car already.. Lost a ton of money with this purchase its bull****...... Didn't even have the car for six months, probably put 100 miles chasing that stutter (hiccup) issue.