Received 3,393 Likes on 2,840 Posts
2012 CLS63
I love when people on the web get angry when the opinions are given
Old 10-11-2015, 02:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by hyperion667
I love when people on the web get angry when the opinions are given
It's not the opinion, but rather the way they say it.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:23 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,393 Likes on 2,840 Posts
2012 CLS63
^true
Old 10-11-2015, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by Vanquish59
Sound is a beauty though
AMGs sound better though, I don't like that refined raspy small V8 sound you get from E92 M3s and Gran Turismos etc. I like the vicious low down snarl of a big bad V8. That's why I hate M156s with long tube headers, it makes the car sound like a race car.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:15 PM

2019 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by e500slr
AMGs sound better though, I don't like that refined raspy small V8 sound you get from E92 M3s and Gran Turismos etc. I like the vicious low down snarl of a big bad V8. That's why I hate M156s with long tube headers, it makes the car sound like a race car.
Want long tubes. Been going back n forth with decision and warranty.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
E55 AMG (SOLD), EvoSport CLK (SOLD), 2013 GsxR 750 (SOLD)
...so... going back to the Maserati...
They're pretty nice. But as BenzNewComer said... their performance numbers aren't as great (except for the Quattroporte / Grandturismo).

I ran with one a coupe a couple months back. The driver was cool. Then some stupid Tesla P85D passed up both up (quietly of course. LoL.) and ruined everything.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:25 PM

2019 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by babyboigsxr
...so... going back to the Maserati...
They're pretty nice. But as BenzNewComer said... their performance numbers aren't as great (except for the Quattroporte / Grandturismo).

I ran with one a coupe a couple months back. The driver was cool. Then some stupid Tesla P85D passed up both up (quietly of course. LoL.) and ruined everything.
Which maserati did u race? Details. As for the P85D, yep they r no joke.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
Originally Posted by e500slr
Maseratis, at least the NA ones are SLOW!! I would never buy one.
Owned a Maserati, never again.

I'll stick to my Ducati's - they're much easier to roll off to the side of the road when they break down.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
I rode my Denali, my friend with his ferrari, along came the maserati, and we all went to my homie Gev's party.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:42 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
I agree. My SQ4 is slow as ****... well, maybe a little faster than ****, but definitely not quick. I just liked the look of it as a personal aesthetic. Sounds good though, but definitely not as good as a big block NA V8. Just counting down the days till lease is up.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:37 PM

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
I agree. My SQ4 is slow as ****... well, maybe a little faster than ****, but definitely not quick. I just liked the look of it as a personal aesthetic. Sounds good though, but definitely not as good as a big block NA V8. Just counting down the days till lease is up.
My E63 is supercharged.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by HykakanAMG
My E63 is supercharged.
What? Your original post said you just had a resonator delete. If you were running a S/Ced E63, you should have put more than 1.5-2 cars on the Mas.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:44 PM

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by HeissRod
What? Your original post said you just had a resonator delete. If you were running a S/Ced E63, you should have put more than 1.5-2 cars on the Mas.
hahahaahahahahahahha
Old 10-14-2015, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Which maserati did u race? Details. As for the P85D, yep they r no joke.
From Long Beach going southbound on the 405 freeway headed towards Irvine (late night). Just as I was passing the Seal Beach Blvd exit, a loud car enters the freeway from the on-ramp. I was right next to the carpool lane.

One can tell that he's an aggressive driver. You can hear / see him playing with his car. Keeping his car at a low gear with high rpm's to keep his exhaust loud and passing up cars pretty fast. I discreetly pick up speed in my current lane to keep up with his craziness. He continually changes lanes over to his left. Next thing you know, he's next to me.

I keep my car right next to him for a few seconds. I know he knew. He slowed down, so I slowed down. He slowly picked up speed, I pressed on my gas pedal a little.

Then he guns it! Good thing I was prepped and switched to "S Mode" before he got next to me. I floored it too. We picked up speed quite fast. I'm slowly (but surely) catching up to him. I was about a car behind him since he had the jump. As I'm coming up beside him, I glanced at my rear view mirror and a set of Tesla headlights that's been behind me the entire time in the carpool lane starts getting closer and closer (...real fast).

Next thing you know... we see a P85D pass both of us up (...quietly). LoL.

That thing was quiet. I have this weird habit where I crack the windows open lightly so that I can hear my car's engine / exhaust and the other car I'm running with. But when that Tesla passed by, all that you could probably hear were the tires rolling. haha.

The Maserati driver was funny. We both let off the gas as soon as we got passed up. The Maserati guy had this similar look...

I don't know too much about Maserati's, but I know enough which ones to run with and which ones will put me to shame. I ran with the 2012 style coupe. Sort of looked like this in that gunmetal charcoal color.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:15 AM

2013 E63 AMG
Exclamation

From Long Beach going southbound on the 405 freeway headed towards Irvine (late night). Just as I was passing the Seal Beach Blvd exit, a loud car enters the freeway from the on-ramp. I was right next to the carpool lane.

One can tell that he's an aggressive driver. You can hear / see him playing with his car. Keeping his car at a low gear with high rpm's to keep his exhaust loud and passing up cars pretty fast. I discreetly pick up speed in my current lane to keep up with his craziness. He continually changes lanes over to his left. Next thing you know, he's next to me.

I keep my car right next to him for a few seconds. I know he knew. He slowed down, so I slowed down. He slowly picked up speed, I pressed on my gas pedal a little.

Then he guns it! Good thing I was prepped and switched to "S Mode" before he got next to me. I floored it too. We picked up speed quite fast. I'm slowly (but surely) catching up to him. I was about a car behind him since he had the jump. As I'm coming up beside him, I glanced at my rear view mirror and a set of Tesla headlights that's been behind me the entire time in the carpool lane starts getting closer and closer (...real fast).

Next thing you know... we see a P85D pass both of us up (...quietly). LoL.

That thing was quiet. I have this weird habit where I crack the windows open lightly so that I can hear my car's engine / exhaust and the other car I'm running with. But when that Tesla passed by, all that you could probably hear were the tires rolling. haha.

The Maserati driver was funny. We both let off the gas as soon as we got passed up. The Maserati guy had this similar look...

I don't know too much about Maserati's, but I know enough which ones to run with and which ones will put me to shame. I ran with the 2012 style coupe. Sort of looked like this in that gunmetal charcoal color.

Great story and detailed. I don't think there is any maserati out there that can beat an E55 stock cept the MC-12? Am I wrong?

As for the P85D, I would not pay 100k for a quiet sport car let alone a POS energy-efficient car. They have instant torque throughout the full powerband and I believe it's horizontal.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^
I really wouldn't know. Certain models are much lighter than our cars (...if not heavier).

As for Tesla owners, I don't really wanna knock on them. Some buy it for the MPG and savings, others buy it for status. Me personally, I'm not really a fan of those cars. But that's just my taste.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:41 AM

2019 S63 AMG
^
I really wouldn't know. Certain models are much lighter than our cars (...if not heavier).

As for Tesla owners, I don't really wanna knock on them. Some buy it for the MPG and savings, others buy it for status. Me personally, I'm not really a fan of those cars. But that's just my taste.
Look up 0to60 and 1/4 times on maseratis. Not too great
Old 10-22-2015, 04:26 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Go get an E63, remove resonator, then come talk.
my E63 also gained some power after resonator delete. its in the mid to high rpm range.

RESONATORS DO restrict power. additionally you need to do a little more reading up on engine pulse tuning and how it CAN aid in power. ever wonder why equal length headers make more power? or twin scroll turbos? PULSE TUNING. Race cars only use mufflers or resonators due to sound restrictions of whatever track or racing series they're involved in, and not because they want to.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/muffler4.htm
There are other features inside this muffler that help it reduce the sound level in different ways. The body of the muffler is constructed in three layers: Two thin layers of metal with a thicker, slightly insulated layer between them. This allows the body of the muffler to absorb some of the pressure pulses. Also, the inlet and outlet pipes going into the main chamber are perforated with holes. This allows thousands of tiny pressure pulses to bounce around in the main chamber, canceling each other out to some extent in addition to being absorbed by the muffler's housing.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com

Last edited by hachiroku; 10-22-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts
2023 e450 cabriolet, 2015 s550, 2024 c300 , 2006 E55, 2005 e320, 2007 gl450, 2014 e63
Originally Posted by HykakanAMG
Coming home from In N Out burger around 1:20 AM in Los Angeles, CA. Maserati was tailing me and instigating. That exhaust was nice as ****. Anyways we pair up at a green light. When the light hits green, I don't floor it but give him a bit of an edge. He has low end torque so he pushed a bit ahead but as soon as I hit 4-4.5k RPM, the strong pull of the E63 came and I overtook him. We stopped at 85-90 and I had a good 1.5-2 cars on him. I would assume it was the Ghibli S or Ghibli SQ4 because the base Ghibli is a 5.6s 0-60 and this one felt much much faster. (4.8 or 5 sec). Anyways, he didn't come by my window, he made the first right as soon as he could. Wonder if the quattroporte or the grandturismo would beat me but not walk me. Btw, I'm completely stock except for a resonator delete that pushes my powerband a bit higher.
Nice kill... Your car will hit 60 in let's say 4.2 with a good launch