W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63/M156 - ROW airboxes: Diff between Weistec and ECS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 12:11 PM

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
'20 GLE450; '06 CL65
E63/M156 - ROW airboxes: Diff between Weistec and ECS?

Does anyone have any input on any differences between the ROW airboxes offered by Weistec and ECS, other than price and suggested filters? The price difference between the two, depending on filters, can be between $175 and $250 more for Weistec.

I've spoken to folks at both, but other than discussions about the in-house manufacturing, knowledge of the M156 platform, etc, I couldn't get a read on any real difference. There may be none, and if that is the case, then the cost does play a role. Not significant, but why pay more if quality and performance are congruent?

There may be brand loyalties, but I am just curious if anyone has any real practical experience with either/both to chime in. Oh, and I have no other mods. Was doing routine check of the filters and just thought, why not ROW's? If nothing else, a stepping off point for down the road.

Many thanks.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
it's an OEM part whom ever is charging more for the ROW air boxes (only) is just putting more money in their pocket or they get them at a higher cost.

As for the filters it's all up to your personal preference there are many opinions about what type of media to use. Rule of thumb filters are filters if not paper or "sponge" type so 175 to 250$ more for one or the other (k&N, AFe, etc) should not be justifiable if similar in materials and build.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
'20 GLE450; '06 CL65
Wow. It just hit me. Duh. Thanks for clearing it up. I thought there was something more to it than there really was.

Live and learn. I love this forum.