Sponsored by:

Command System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Command System

I was wondering what the various experiences have been so far with the Command system. I find the ergonomics to be acceptable. The buttons are big enough and the audio selection process is fine. Steering wheel scan would have tied in perfectly. Hear that, Mercedes??? The Nav system is poor, in my opinion. Not quite as user friendly as I'd like it and it has serious reprogramming flaws. With the Hertz Never Lost, you take a road it didn't direct you to take and it quickly recalculates a new route. I've done that a few times where Command has totally lost its brains. I've also had numerous glitches, though lately not that big a deal. Like, turn it on in CD mode and no sound. Flip to radio and back to CD again and it works. Main thing with mine is it will NOT tolerate impatience. I go to put a CD in before the light turns green and the system will twist itself into a knot and I have to reset the whole unit. So maybe that's pilot error. No one else have these issues?
Old 02-14-2004, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
The NAV part of COMAND is marginal at best. Entering specfic addresses is a pain, but have found that finding POI is easy and helpful. Just use the categories. I'm surprised that as safety conscience as MB is, they let you enter things in the NAV even while moving and there is now Lawyer screen in the begining.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally posted by norb
The NAV part of COMAND is marginal at best. Entering specfic addresses is a pain, but have found that finding POI is easy and helpful. Just use the categories. I'm surprised that as safety conscience as MB is, they let you enter things in the NAV even while moving and there is now Lawyer screen in the begining.
OH NO.. Dont give them any ideas!
Old 02-14-2004, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Ok, after posting this thread I went to the gym and it did it again. I power on Command and it was on an AM station. It's scratchy and distorted, a sure fire sign I'm going to have to fiddle my way out of it. I flip to FM. FM screen comes up but it's still playing the AM station. I switch to CD and the same result. I can't power Command off. I open the door and it stays on. I get out of it by switch to FM, then turning the engine off and on. I had a K40 installed. I also have no mute button for the phone, though it does mute music. If no one else is having these problems I'll have to take it back and have them check the wiring. Maybe something isn't grounded properly.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Take it back..while I have no experience with COmmand 2 in the E55 yet, I do have expereience with it in an S-class...and I have never had these issues.