W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any photos of the inside of a surgetank?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Any photos of the inside of a surgetank?

Gents,

Any of you guys have photos of the inside of our surgetanks? I'm getting some spraybars made up and the builder would like to see the inside of the tanks. Thanks in advanced
Old 01-21-2016, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,487 Likes on 985 Posts
This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by boostiality
Gents,

Any of you guys have photos of the inside of our surgetanks? I'm getting some spraybars made up and the builder would like to see the inside of the tanks. Tjhanks in advanced
It's a hollow casting that follows the shape and texture of the outside. I kind of remember a seam inside where the upper and lower castings meet.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:44 PM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2005 E55 | 1968 Road Runner
Best I could do. I happen to have mine off for paint. Good luck!

Old 01-21-2016, 05:55 PM

2004 E55
Thank you gents, I'll forward this information and your photos to the builder. I'm not sure if it's still a viable place to put spray bars but it looks like we have few options for this platform anyway.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:27 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by boostiality
Thank you gents, I'll forward this information and your photos to the builder. I'm not sure if it's still a viable place to put spray bars but it looks like we have few options for this platform anyway.

I looked at putting a spray bar inside or under the manifold like the CTS-V/ LSA engines use a few years back from nitrous outlet and we have plenty of room to add one. Just need the bar sized for our manifold or make the plate to go under the manifold.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/lsa-cts...te-system.html

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 01-24-2016, 02:15 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I looked at putting a spray bar inside or under the manifold like the CTS-V/ LSA engines use a few years back from nitrous outlet and we have plenty of room to add one. Just need the bar sized for our manifold or make the plate to go under the manifold.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/lsa-cts...te-system.html

That's whose actually doing it. It's been a few days since I heard back from them so maybe it's just better to send them the whole blower assembly