W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Help just got an 2006 e55 - input & thoughts welcome!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2016 | 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Help just got an 2006 e55 - input & thoughts welcome!!

So i just purchased an 2006 E55 just this past fall, got it for a great price and couldn't pass up on it! I am the 3rd owner, previous owned it for about 7 ish years and barely put any miles on it. Car is bone dry, maintained even when it was being stored, practically immaculate. So I've got a couple questions about some certain things I've found out and experienced while owning the car for the past 5 months. I would appreciate the input and advice!

Car has mods and I've got receipts for those engine mods. These were all the mods as far as I knew when I purchased the car.

-brembo GT BBK upgrade 15in fronts and 13.5in rears
-kleemann headers
-kleemann tune
-upgraded pump
-k&n filters
(No receipts of any pulley change)

#1:
Previous owner stated it had all original pulleys so as far as I know he didn't know of my new found info. I literally just learned a few days ago after bringing it to my MB tech and that the pulley was not stock and is actually a ASP pulley which I measured and it seems to be 180-185mm not sure if the correct way of measuring is from the inner or from the outer of the pulley.

#2:

I've got a dyno sheet from after the kleemann header/tune and pump were installed. and the numbers are unbelievably low even close to stock numbers. I believe it was heat soaked especially not knowing it even had a pulley it must've been running really high in temps.
Numbers read:
421 hp - 405 tq

I actually ran it at the track before the Chicago winter hit and the track shut down. Best run of the night

12.7 @ 112mph
Highest MPH was 113

mind you I had a of 60ft:2.2 as well as 245's on 19 wheels. Nothing makes sense, mph is pretty low and now that I found out I have a pulley, this is really disappointing even more.
There was also another mbworld member there that I happen to meet as well, (bnzuovr) not sure how to spell it, but he was there with his e55 and he to was running horrible times, I believe he usually is running 11's but was running just a little faster than my times I think 12.4-12.5's. Hopefully he chimes in.

So, sorry for the story book I just wrote... So I plan on getting a new tune even before I found out about the pulley, I'm just waiting for this winter to go away!

So I need some recommendations on my best options for a new tune, possibly as well as a reliable dyno run (in the Illinois area) or any other info that may help me!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Help just got an 2006 e55 - input & thoughts welcome!!-image.jpg  

Last edited by EM1N3NT; 02-15-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-15-2016 | 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts
2004 E55.98 SS Camaro.Jetta TDI. Expedition
From your post earlier I wondered if the pulley was tuned for. First what kind of dyno was it? Does it show the air/fuel mixture. See if you can post a pic.
People will be able to read the graph and give you an idea about the tune. Does the car have a stock heat exchanger?? Could be pulling timing etc
Old 02-15-2016 | 06:17 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Ls1toAMG
From your post earlier I wondered if the pulley was tuned for. First what kind of dyno was it? Does it show the air/fuel mixture. See if you can post a pic.
People will be able to read the graph and give you an idea about the tune. Does the car have a stock heat exchanger?? Could be pulling timing etc
Yeah I too don't believe that the pulley was tuned for from kleemann, I should also add in that, the owner I bought from stated that the first original owner originally had a renntech tune and I'm assuming he was the one that installed the pulley since he was the only other owner before hand and before any other mods were done. Heat exchanger is stock with a upgraded pump which I double checked when i brought it to my MB mechanic for an oil change.

It was a Mustang Power Dyne Dynamometer in the middle of August summer, no AF readings, parts were installed at a shop in Michigan - Motorwerks and dyno was done at Motorcity Speed which I believe does all of Motorwerks dyno runs and Motorwerks is know for working on German cars I.e. M113k engines.
Attached Thumbnails Help just got an 2006 e55 - input & thoughts welcome!!-image.jpeg  
Old 02-15-2016 | 06:20 PM

E55
I also spoke with Cory at Kleemann and he believes that it is very far off in numbers and that they may have heat soaked it, also that they didn't have enough fans running in front especially in the mid summer of August.