Help - Finally Going to Log...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 05:24 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
Help - Finally Going to Log...

Fellas,
I have an Innovate LM2 data logger that has been settin' in the box unopened since the end of April.

I didn't want to mess with getting the O2 sensor welded into the exhaust, running the he 02 sensor cable into the car, and the kit didn't come with the right OB-II cable to connect to the ECU.

Well, here I am. A few questions:

1) Where did you have the O2 sensor installed in the exhaust? Down-pipe?
2) Where did you run the cable from the O2 sensor to connect to your data logger? Driver side? Passenger side?
3) Anything else you would recommend?

Thanks,
TK
Old 08-23-2016, 05:48 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
for most accurate results you'll need the sensor pulling from past the last exhaust header collector. if you want to temporarily run this sensor you can remove any of your post catalytic sensors and install the wideband there. also you can just run the wiring through your window or door. the seal with squeeze the wiring, but shouldn't do any harm.

if you do weld on a new bung, make sure it does not run in line of the factory sensor. you'll need to offset the sensor 15 degrees from the factory while still maintaining the correct angle as so your sensor is not affected by water condensation.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
The following users liked this post:
BlackHammer (08-23-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 04:39 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by hachiroku
for most accurate results you'll need the sensor pulling from past the last exhaust header collector. if you want to temporarily run this sensor you can remove any of your post catalytic sensors and install the wideband there. also you can just run the wiring through your window or door. the seal with squeeze the wiring, but shouldn't do any harm.

if you do weld on a new bung, make sure it does not run in line of the factory sensor. you'll need to offset the sensor 15 degrees from the factory while still maintaining the correct angle as so your sensor is not affected by water condensation.
Thanks for this. I am finally going to the exhaust shop on Friday to get the bung welded in and get set-up and start logging...

Am I reading this correctly on running the wiring?

"you can just run the wiring through your window or door..."

Does this imply:

1) the wire stays external and runs from under the car, around the side and up through the door?

2) there is no way to run the wire through the car?

Thanks,
TK