Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Class action suit E-55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E320 Bluetec
Vic as I have said before they kept my car for a week at a time, trying to get the phone/audio to fail. Which never worked for me. they put 200 miles on the car each time. They were lying!!!. Plus maybe having a good time hot rodding it around. What would happen if they would had wrecked it?

If you have another car or if you can live without it. Take them on. Let your lawyer drive it.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Vic

On my way into work this morning, the phone was acting up again, and so I decided to call the Service Manager at the dealership.

Fortunately, this time, he heard the echoing and has promised to take the issue up directly with MB again. Of course, my Service Advisor has also heard the echo, and that hasn't gotten me squat as of yet.

Anyway, I guess I'll wait and see what they have to say.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Have you guys ever thought of video taping these problems you are having? I've done it in the past and it helps alot... just get someone to be in the car with you if the car is pulling to the left and have them film the car pulling and just show the service manager.

Overall it sounds like you guys are dealing with some ****ty dealerships... I've had some problems with my car but they've all been taken care of promptly within 1 day and never had any arguements or problems.

-m
Old 03-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Vic

Solution coming???

I have learned that MBUSA just sent its dealers a Technical Service Bulletin that acknowledges the existence of problems with the installed hands-free phone with voice control system in 2003 and 2004 W211s. The text of the TSB is as follows:

"Poor Hands-Free Quality When Using Voice Control System in Model Year 2003 and 2004 W211 Models--

If you receive customer reports in the above model vehicles of poor hands-free quality during a phone call using the voice control system unit installed, do not change any parts at this time. Typical symptoms include echoing, high pitched chirping noises, and general distortion of the voice to the point where the speaker is incomprehensible. Currently, a solution is under investigation, and will be released when available."

While this does little to address the problems I (and others) have been having with the phone system, I will take solace (for now) in the hope that a solution is forthcoming.