Sponsored by:

MBUSA Acknowledges Phone Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Vic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBUSA Acknowledges Phone Problems

I have learned that MBUSA just sent its dealers a Technical Service Bulletin that acknowledges the existence of problems with the installed hands-free phone with voice control system in 2003 and 2004 W211s. The text of the TSB is as follows:

"Poor Hands-Free Quality When Using Voice Control System in Model Year 2003 and 2004 W211 Models--

If you receive customer reports in the above model vehicles of poor hands-free quality during a phone call using the voice control system unit installed, do not change any parts at this time. Typical symptoms include echoing, high pitched chirping noises, and general distortion of the voice to the point where the speaker is incomprehensible. Currently, a solution is under investigation, and will be released when available."

While this does little to address the problems I (and others) have been having with the phone system, I will take solace (for now) in the hope that a solution is forthcoming.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
It is at least good to know the MBUSA is acknowledging our problems.

Now I know for sure not to bring my car and have the dealership look at it.

I hate leaving my car at the dealership.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the delay in reply

A few of you have sent me personal messages asking me if my phone echoing has been fixed. Sorry it has taken so long to respond. (My laptop has been down) The dealer replaced the whole phone unit and my sister stills says there is an echo. I don't think its better, my the people who I call are just use to hearing the echo now. How sad to pay 1500 for such a poor quality in the phone. Thank you Vic for your info. I will keep my dealer on it until MB fixes this or gives me credit back.

AmgB