Sponsored by:

Check your radiator fan connectors!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 08:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 E63AMG
Check your radiator fan connectors!

The day before yesterday I was coming home from Christmas shopping and I got the white "coolant visit workshop" message on the display. I thought the coolant might be low so I topped off the tank and thought nothing of it. Yesterday I started the car up in the garage and heard a loud noise coming from the car. The radiator fan was running max speed . I ran a scan and came up with "electric suction fan for engine or air conditioning. Open circuit (P1999). I thought a sensor went bad and was online looking for a sensor. Before I pulled the trigger on the sensor I went back out to take a look at the fan connector located on the passenger side of the fan. One of the small pins was corroded and not making a connection. I am not sure but i think it carries the pwm signal for the fan motor. I cleaned up the connections and applied a dielectric grease to keep them free from corrosion (there was none in the connector). Started the car and all good again. Car has 145,000 on the clock and has never run stronger. I recommend everyone take a look at their fan connectors and put a little dielectric grease in to keep any corrosion out, might save some aggravation down the line.
Attached Thumbnails Check your radiator fan connectors!-dsc_0913.jpg   Check your radiator fan connectors!-dsc_0920.jpg   Check your radiator fan connectors!-dsc_0917.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by verminator:
maximus16v (05-18-2017), Rho (05-12-2024), Toadster (12-25-2016)
Old 12-24-2016, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 / Ws6 Procharger
good for you, and thanks for the advice