Sponsored by:

Roof rack with Pano roof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 08:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E63 AMG
Roof rack with Pano roof

I'm looking to put a roof rack on my E63, but I am not sure if the Thule or Yakima options will interfere with the pano roof in any way. Can anyone confirm if the Thule AeroBlade Edge / Podium towers or the Yakima Skyline towers work without interfering with roof function or scuffing up the glass/paint?

Thanks guys!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:25 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
I haven't been able to find pics of Thule or Yakima, but the OEM roof rack sits so high I don't think it interferes.

here is a video of the Thule AeroBlade Edge. Seems almost half the height of the OEM rack.
https://youtu.be/HuzG1aMCtFU
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HuzG1aMCtFU

Last edited by hachiroku; 03-20-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:31 PM

Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Pinned
I'm looking to put a roof rack on my E63, but I am not sure if the Thule or Yakima options will interfere with the pano roof in any way. Can anyone confirm if the Thule AeroBlade Edge / Podium towers or the Yakima Skyline towers work without interfering with roof function or scuffing up the glass/paint?

Thanks guys!
I would use a protective covering (kinda like a clear thick sticker you can peel off down the road), then mount those AeroBlade's... the factory towers look like dog how high they sit up IMHO

Just do some math and measure your pano how high the glass sits up then measure clearance of feet off the deck.

My neighbor swears by his Thule gear and the rubber feet have not left a mark, he takes them off from time to time... its not on a benz tho
Old 03-20-2017, 09:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E63 AMG
The stock rack looks extremely tall, that's been my only apprehension with it. I'll see about the pano roof heights and all that, worst case I'll just leave the roof shut. I'll definitely put some Lamin-X under the feet.

Either way, confirmed with some other people that the Thule and Yakima racks bolt up just fine even with the pano roof.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 PM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 GLE400 4MATIC
The OEMs fit perfect on my c350 coupe with the full glass top. I get tons of compliments on how good they look. They're a little noisy over 100mph, but otherwise are the best from my perspective. Absolutely no interference with the sunroof operation whatsoever.