Sponsored by:

inspection time - erase codes with SDS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
04 55
inspection time - erase codes with SDS

if i erase all F and f codes with STAR then immediately go get emissions test will it fail because it has to go through so many drive cycles like some other cars do ? (and what are those requirements ?) the fault codes and history erased had nothing to do with emissions stuff -- thanks
Old 03-20-2017, 11:10 PM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by new55
if i erase all F and f codes with STAR then immediately go get emissions test will it fail because it has to go through so many drive cycles like some other cars do ? (and what are those requirements ?) the fault codes and history erased had nothing to do with emissions stuff -- thanks
If its for emissions inspection then most likely will have to go through the drive cycles to reset monitors. I'm sure these requirements vary from state to state
Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 AM

Received 118 Likes on 79 Posts
S63, GLE580, Monster 1100S
After clearing codes the readiness sensors will show incomplete and is an automatic fail. For an old 2000 VW I have (CEL always on because their sensors blow), I connected a wifi OBD2 reader and monitored its readiness driving around for a couple of days, once all of the measures came back green light I shot straight over to the shop and got an inspection. There is a good 20-30 mile window from ready & no check engine light till it pops back on.