W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Lead time for E55? It's time to start working on the Mrs.!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2004 | 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Lead time for E55? It's time to start working on the Mrs.!!

How long from order to delivery for an E55. See my sig. for the options I have on my E500. I would want the same on the E55. I would probably want it next spring. That gives me plenty of time to start leaving pictures around, bringing it up in conversation, etc. I'd love to have it now, but I'm better at the long, low-key tactics of wearing her down. I guess I could always just go buy it and tell her I just put the AMG badges on my car. Actually, she wouldn't go for that, because she knows I HATE that. Boy, I'm dead if she ever saw this.

I shouldn't be painting a bad picture of her. She actually never has given me a hard time for buying any of my many "toys".
Old 04-18-2004 | 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
If you have a specific delivery date in mind, your dealer can work backwords and put the order in at the right time. I don't know what the demand is right now, but giving a deposit will lock you in.

I usually have to wear the wife down too but this time it didn't go that way. I met with the Kleemann dealer in town for the supercharger and she freaked about spending the money on the clk. She said, to my surprise, just go buy a new car!

I quickly called the dealer to be on the lookout for a silver car and lo and behold he had one available in two weeks and just way I wanted it.