Sponsored by:

New member here! with some questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 01:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E55
New member here! with some questions.

Hello eveyone, i started a thread a while back cause i was in the market for an e55. i recently saw the 400,000 mile e55 on youtube and decided this is the car for me! I just pulled the trigger on a 2003 e55 with 70k miles for 13k. I love the car already and the torque it has is just insane. Anyways I ran into a few issues almost immediately when i bought the car. I noticed i had an oil leak coming from the car witch was creating lots of smoke during WOT. I took the car to the stealership the next day And was told that my motor mounts were shot. They also said the engine moved so much that it broke the metal oil cooler line and now anytime the engine is torqued it sprays oil out the line. Anyways im in the process of doing my motor mounts as we speak but the dealer wants 1700$ for the oil cooler line to be replaced. Was told it was a 700$ part but i cannot fond the part anywhere i see oil cooler lines online for the e55 but it says 2004+ and i dont want to order the wrong part. I guess another question i have is, if i find this leak since the oil cooler line is metal is there anything i can use to patch it if its a small crack? From what i am assuming the leak is small cause it does not leak any oil at idle.. just the second i accelerate. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways as you can tell by my screen name i also own a gs430 that i love very much. But here is the new addition to the garage

New member here! with some questions.-b249aff4-6dc3-483f-b5d6-2f7920142b2d_zpsykhsweab.jpg