Sponsored by:

Pano Roof Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG, Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Originally Posted by drothgeb
I just completed this fix, worked like a charm. Only thing I'd add to the instructions in the video is re-seating the mirror. You can look up and see the rectangular recess it seats into, angle one side into the recess, then reach up with something(I used my long T-20) and push on the other side to seat it. You will not be-able to push on the mirror with your hands to re-seat.
I just finished this fix. I used 2 flat head drivers, with one I applied pressure on one side of the bracket( the one attached to the mirror) with the second one I pushed on the metal pin that slides into place on the upper bracket. It went in the second try once I had figured out.
And this fixed my stock moonroof. I only used washers on the first easily accessible bolt, I didn't do anything about the second one mentioned in the video.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG, Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Originally Posted by Sphinx144
I just finished this fix. I used 2 flat head drivers, with one I applied pressure on one side of the bracket( the one attached to the mirror) with the second one I pushed on the metal pin that slides into place on the upper bracket. It went in the second try once I had figured out.
And this fixed my stock moonroof. I only used washers on the first easily accessible bolt, I didn't do anything about the second one mentioned in the video.
UPDATE.

The panoramic roof opens fine but now cannot get the sunshade to close without pulling fuse F009 in the trunk. When I put the fuse back in, the sunshade closes just fine and will reopen fully without any issues. However, when I try to close the shade again I get the machine gun rattle from the motor. So I have to pull the fuse again and the whole process starts all over again.

I was only able to add the washers to the one bolt-- the one easily accessible of the motor-- so wondering if I need to drop the headliner this time to reach that second bolt to fix this issue.

I'm guessing not many people have actually bother to go through that hassle since there are not replies here.