Sponsored by:

Water meth install, interesting find

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 07:38 PM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by C32owner
So the bypass valve under the s/c is controlled from the ecu? In essence can a modified tune have an effect on the bypass valve? I mean I have always noticed in my logs that my boost is general all over the place on hammer down in gear situation. The boost doesn't build up as I thought it would with a supercharger, ie: as revs build higher so should your boost, but I see it fluctuating quite a lot.... I wonder if a tune can actually force the valve closed for higher boost... I'm guessing not as this would have been done long ago.

Next thing, you guys seeing up your controllers for the meth kit, are you using voltage based readings to set your controllers to trigger meth on/off or you using boost based setups?
I'm pretty sure the valve actually fully closes pretty early. You have to be very light on throttle to keep it open, I think based on my experience it operates opposite the throttle body until the SC clutch engages and it goes full shut then. At the RPMs/Throtle I used to have a small hiccup when my clutched 77 engaged, with the 72mm fixed I now get a small rev, and pressure bounces a little, I assume from the bypass valve closing. But it's definetly 100% closed at WOT.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbworld.org-vbulletin/327x435/80-image_670b563bfff20c18d1166fd60791aaf179145ded.jpe g

I use a pressure switch that I set using a bike pump and a pressure gauge to set. Don't have any other dedicated controller other than a switch in the cab to enable/disable that lights up when the pump is running.