Sponsored by:

Drunk driver hit my car, please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
Originally Posted by benzbenzman
And the car I drive is a 1997 w210 E420 with a real AMG package which most will tell you doesn't exist. It's far more rare than your or my old w211 E55 which they made over 12K of just for the states. Keep putting your foot in your mouth when it comes to your knowledge of Mercedes. In the future my 97 e420 with real AMG package will be worth more than the e55. Not to mention the crazy low miles my car has on it. Thats also why I will not be having my insurance handle it. They would total the car and it's too nice of a car to do that to
"Real AMG Package".

OK, of this entire thread, this made me laugh the most.

No E420 is an AMG. Period.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e55, 2006 gmc 3500 van( for work )
You have no idea how much of an *** my boss was. He literally only wants to surround himself with yes men. I'm not gonna kiss your *** if you're wrong and he was half the time. He couldn't stand someone else telling what he should do with his business. I unerstand that but he hired me because I have owned restaurants and have been successful in the past. When I tried to help he would get pissed. All I did was tell him the truth but the truth hurts sometimes and it ended up costing me big time. The restaurant I worked at was a brewery as well. That's how I know the guy was drunk that hit my car. The bartender over served him. I know I was I little harsh on some of my replies but you have to understand my mind set at the time. My car got wrecked, I got laid off, I ask for help just to be told I'm a liar and everything else harsh that could be added here. Like I said before BIG THANKS to anyone and everyone that has been helpful.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 691 Likes on 503 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
If the driver that hit your car was drunk
and if you know this
his car must have significant damage too.
The bartender overserved him - he, if not the business owner, is liable.
Police reports are warrented.
He needs a DUI on his a$$.
If you don't pursue it, that's on you. Not the folks you're trying to pump for cash.
Your insurance wouldn't be liable, would it?

Or were you parked somewhere you ought not have been?
Old 07-30-2017, 04:09 PM

The guy left the scene and it's private property. I can't find the guy obviously and the police can't do anything about it. I have tried all I can do to have the business pay it but that's not happening. You might I missed it when I said the owner of the restaurant is a huge dick.

it was just that easy to have the business pay for it I would have done that. If it was just that easy for me to have the guy that hit my car pay for it I would have done that. If it was so easy for me to find the guy that hit and run on my car I would have done that if filing a police report would actually matter I think I might have done that. Police might help for my insurance company to have idea if what happened but since it has to be handled out of pocket to save the car, why would I file a police report. my dad was a sergeant with Atlanta police for 28 years and when I told him about it and he said the same thing , why the hell would I make a police report , to that involves the police for absolutely no reason. The only thing that can be done is me pay for it out of pocket
Old 07-30-2017, 04:53 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
04 55
Originally Posted by 2004RennTechE55
my dad was a sergeant with Atlanta police for 28 years and when I told him about it and he said the same thing , why the hell would I make a police report , to that involves the police for absolutely no reason. The only thing that can be done is me pay for it out of pocket

because its a felony - and you want the beg sympathetic public to fix ****e you wont even report - give me money because someone committed a felony on me and i am to lazy to report it -- maybe i can make the store owner pay for it - or better yet i will get both to pay and i can sit back and do nothing but complain and be a victim -- i want nobama back

Last edited by new55; 07-30-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:21 PM

Obama comments huh, I think your a racist

I don't care who the president is but I can tell you someone that wasn't racist would have never made that comment. Keep your racist politics to yourself. This is not a political website.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:41 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
04 55
I don't care who the president is but I can tell you someone that wasn't racist would have never made that comment. Keep your racist politics to yourself. This is not a political website.
this coming from the whining liberal who now is an internet bully -- wow!,, i dont think a zing against an ex liberal president constitutes racism but i believe you being so defensive about it seems to make you one. good luck getting your car fixed , maybe you can stand on a corner with a sign saying wont work for AMG
Old 07-30-2017, 06:02 PM

Your statement was a subtle way to hide behind your racism. To act like nothing was implied is ridiculous. Also I've said nothing period that would be political so to call me a liberal is commently out of left field. I've asked many times now that the Dbags that have nothing positive to say just keep there BS comments to themselves but that doesn't seem to work. I've bullied no one, I have defended my comments and that's it.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Your statement was a subtle way to hide behind your racism. To act like nothing was implied is ridiculous. Also I've said nothing period that would be political so to call me a liberal is commently out of left field. I've asked many times now that the Dbags that have nothing positive to say just keep there BS comments to themselves but that doesn't seem to work. I've bullied no one, I have defended my comments and that's it.
Couldn't agree more. If you make a negative reference towards the previous president, it is a scientific fact that you are a racist.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:59 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Handout threads like this should be immediately deleted.

If you're really feeling charitable:

http://www.mission22.com

https://www.honoredveterans.org
Old 07-30-2017, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 691 Likes on 503 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Dunno about where you live, but in most states failure to report an accident is a crime if the damages exceed a certain value. Here in Idaho I believe that threshold is $1,000. Might want to check and see where you stand legally before you blow off that police report. Looks like Georgia's threshold is $500.

In other news, if you are found to be not at fault (and it doesn't sound like you are unless you were parked where you ought not have been) then it won't ding your insurance, your insurance will cover it, and you'll just have to pay your deductible if you have comprehensive coverage. Not many folks have a deductible that is more than $500...

Anecdote: A deer ran into my car last year, 500 miles into a 5,000 mile trip. First thing I did was call the local popo. They took their report, I went on my way (fortunately the car was still driveable). A week later I had them email the completed report to me. Got home, went to the body shop, and had $6,500 worth of repairs done to my car. Wrote 'em a check for $100 when I got the keys back. Insurance company found the accident to be NOT my fault, no dings on my insurance premium. Dead deer on the side of the road. Greater respect for the outstanding brakes on my car. Seriously. This car has really really good brakes.

Last edited by rapidoxidation; 07-30-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by rapidoxidation
Dunno about where you live, but in most states failure to report an accident is a crime if the damages exceed a certain value. Here in Idaho I believe that threshold is $1,000. Might want to check and see where you stand legally before you blow off that police report. Looks like Georgia's threshold is $500.

In other news, if you are found to be not at fault (and it doesn't sound like you are unless you were parked where you ought not have been) then it won't ding your insurance, your insurance will cover it, and you'll just have to pay your deductible if you have comprehensive coverage. Not many folks have a deductible that is more than $500...

Anecdote: A deer ran into my car last year, 500 miles into a 5,000 mile trip. First thing I did was call the local popo. They took their report, I went on my way (fortunately the car was still driveable). A week later I had them email the completed report to me. Got home, went to the body shop, and had $6,500 worth of repairs done to my car. Wrote 'em a check for $100 when I got the keys back. Insurance company found the accident to be NOT my fault, no dings on my insurance premium. Dead deer on the side of the road. Greater respect for the outstanding brakes on my car. Seriously. This car has really really good brakes.
But he can't go through insurance because they'll total his super rare and going to be really valuable some day car due to a $1,600 repair bill.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:46 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
I don't think I understand. Last time this happened to me (change lanes into me) I filed a police report the next day, my insurance covered everything except the $250 excess and I was on my way. I happened to get the guys plate so after court date I even got the $250 awarded back from the insurance company.

I would rather donate to orphans, cancer research, spca, just about any charity is more worthwhile than help someone fix their Mercedes. We all go through crap times at some point. If I got sbc failure, airmatic failure, transmission rebuild and a blown head gasket I would park it up, get a beater/take the bus/find my bicycle and sort through it in the coming months.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by tw2
I don't think I understand. Last time this happened to me (change lanes into me) I filed a police report the next day, my insurance covered everything except the $250 excess and I was on my way. I happened to get the guys plate so after court date I even got the $250 awarded back from the insurance company.
The $1600 repair bill is high enough that insurance will deem the car a total loss if he goes through them. It's usually if the bill exceeds 80% of the value of the vehicle. Then he could buy the car back from the insurance company, but it would have a salvage title on it then (which he doesn't want for reasons he's stated, plus he'd still have to fix it). Generally a salvage title vehicle is worth about half of one with a clean title.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:47 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Ok, I thought they might have offered there highest payout without writing it off and leave it up to him to take care of the rest.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:57 PM

Thank Strigoi , everything your last post said is 100% correct. I do not want the insurance company to give it a salvage title. In GA it's pretty hard to get that title turned back into a a title that will even allow you to drive the vehicle on the streets. I use to buy cars that should be saved and put back on the street all the time but I wouldn't mess with salvage title vehicles because of the difficulties that seem to pop up getting them re titled.

Another reason i dont want it handled by insurance is that it would probably cause my yearly fee to rise. I have state farm insurance with a fleet coverage plan because I have other family members on my plan. I also have a Jeep that I offroad all the time. My insurance package covers tow bills and I have had to have my jeep towed back from the trail 9 times in the last 12 months. State farm sent me a letter with all the tow bills including there dates and costs and said because of my excessive use of that part of my coverage plan my yearly fee had to be raised by a few bucks. Also my wife got in a small fender bender like 5 months ago that was covered by state farm as well. Having my car repaired under insurance would also raise my fee a bit I would assume. So in the long run I would be spending more money over time on a higher fee on my plan since I use insurance to pay for things too often.

I do appreciate the tone though that the thread is starting to take. Far less negativity.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:55 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,417 Likes on 2,856 Posts
2012 CLS63
The worst part of this (IMO) is the cyber begging.......just plain shameful
Old 07-31-2017, 08:03 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
i just love how he states his UBER RARE crayon smelling W210 is worth more than an E55...the he goes and lies that he forgot the password to his user name of, 2004 E55...then he magically logs in with said user name.

wait, didn't you say your 1997 is worth more and more rare than an E55 of which your "original" "lost password" account is named after.

GTFO

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 07-31-2017, 08:35 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
So you have another vehicle? Save up and fix the Mercedes. Spending too much on hobbies and over utilising your insurance makes it difficult to plead hardship.
The following users liked this post:
Munchy (10-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
E63 AMG 2007
You said you had tape of the accident, did you show it to the bartender or the server? Does she remember the customer? Did he pay with cash or is there a credit card statement? Your AMG is a sport package, mostly wheels, and not collectible. Maybe you should report the accident, or at least speak to your agent about a claim. $1600 is not that high a claim, maybe you could have it repaired? If you are not being truthful about the incident that caused the damage I would advise against a false claim. Some of the skepticism expressed here revolves around the disconnect: Mercedes owner/$1600/trouble paying. It is a twenty year old car, are you not expecting maintenance and repair costs? Do you own the car outright, title in hand? Anyway I wish you well.

I read the ops posts from his E55 days, he's not an a$$hat. His E55 was totaled, so he probably knows how the insurance shafts you.