Sponsored by:

DIY thread needed for fuel injectors.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 09:33 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 E55 amg
DIY thread needed for fuel injectors.

We have some diy thread which have help me a lot, but I gat my 550cc bosch injectors, and can not find a thread on replacing the injectors.

Can someone please put up a step by step diy thread for that? Thanks .
Old 08-07-2017, 02:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
04 E55
It is pretty simple. Remove your intake, surge tanks, couple of bolts holding down the fuel rail, crack the fuel line where it connects from the flexible line, have plenty of rags handy as it will leak fuel everywhere. Pull the clips off the injectors, put a small amount of oil on the new injector o-rings to assist them sliding in on both ends, re-clip them in. Take note during disassembly of the orientation of the injectors and how far down the clips are. Re-assemble.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
Originally Posted by sexyxe
It is pretty simple. Remove your intake, surge tanks, couple of bolts holding down the fuel rail, crack the fuel line where it connects from the flexible line, have plenty of rags handy as it will leak fuel everywhere. Pull the clips off the injectors, put a small amount of oil on the new injector o-rings to assist them sliding in on both ends, re-clip them in. Take note during disassembly of the orientation of the injectors and how far down the clips are. Re-assemble.
youve covered most of it but the o-ring retainers/pintle caps really need replaced whenever removing the fuel rail. I waited until 115k miles on my w215 to replace my o -rings and a piece of the pintle cap broke off into the cylinder, I spent hours trying to vacuum out the debris and even more time checking my compression afterwards to verify nothing was damaged

type 3 Bosch pintle caps are what they are called. I was going to make a diy fuel injector thread but you’ve covered most of it, and this was one of the first threads when you google “mbworld diy fuel injector service”