W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 Tuning HORROR STORY CHRIS MILLER RACING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:35 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CL55 (sold) C63 Coupe 2012 p31(sold) Audi 330awhp E55 511WHP(sold)Z06C6 550whp C63 LTH
E55 Tuning HORROR STORY CHRIS MILLER RACING

My Tuning HORROR story with chrisMiller racing I don't want any E55 AMG guys to go to him or any AMG guys. !! I know ln Instagram alot of ppl have been coming up for me for advice with their AMG's and a lot of ppl want my setup or look up to me...Well I took the wrong advice from someone. Chris Miller has Over 16 years of experience tuning and he doesn't show up when u pick the car up. 1,100$ to basically NOT fix a low rpm hiccup(can cause a lean spike)in my canned tune for my new 77fixed pulley setup. After his tuning since I wasn't there, I was told by his worker that it's not chris's tune but you need to buy MAF sensors and replace your front 02's and that Chris Miller fixed my misfire but not my hiccups.

Chris Miller tune gave me a HORRIBLE misfire on cylinder 3-5 the day I was leaving for H20i car show in Maryland and I wasn't able to drive to H20i this year because horrible BLACK SMOKE was coming out due to misfire and it was shaking like crazy. I was miserable and I knew he messed up my car. 16 years of tuning hondas please STICK TO THEM. They told me to replace my 2 MAF SENSORS 😂🤦*♂️E55's have one MAP sensor and NO I REPEAT!!!!! NO MAF sensors!!! I knew this before hand and I argued with ur worker in his shop and on phone. My setup which was datalogged from eurocharged program before the 77 fixed pulley made 8-11psi at full throttle since longtube headers bring the boost down 1-2psi the new setup should've been like 13-15psi, your worker said 20psi ON A UPPER PULLEY ONLY🤦*♂️😂😂😂BTW these cars have a 17psi limit.

When I picked up the car I drove and saw no gains and then it would hiccup so many times on the highway under load, meanwhile they told me it barely did it. I have a video of the hiccup it sounded horrible whole motor would buckle. He posted a vid which he wouldn't send me on his IG story and the car buckled on the dyno 🤦*♂️and u see the whole motor LIFT UP.

He shows u a before dynoSheet at 360whp(lies) and then after at 511whp meanwhile the car seemed like he didn't even tune it when I drove it afterwards.His dyno sheet wouldn't even show me Torque 🤦*♂️so sketchy. I drove like that and thought maybe It was a boost leak but he wouldn't give me datalogs when I asked for it. My plan was to view my boost and send it to reliable tuner like tony to see if it was correct before doing a smoke test.

I was heartbroken to say the least, I didn't know people were so crooked in this tuning industry, but god sees everything. I was recommended by a old timer and when I told him what happened he was shocked and dissaponited. I ASKED AND ASKED FOR DATALOG sheets, he is covering himself up they wouldn't answer my calls and texts. Chris miller never contacted me till this day. When a tuner takes 1,100$ from you, they should be there to answer your questions about peak timing, boost levels, iats, fueling, he didn't want to speak to me at all.

Anthony lawshaw at race IQ has worked with me all along vigorously and he has saved my car from all these headaches, with only CANNED TUNES. I'm looking forward to a Proper Dyno tune with him. I spoke to him and didn't even talk about this other tuner and basically asked for a stock pulley tune because I wanted to put everything back to normal. He sent me a file to try before I did that and Like the legend he is FIXED EVERYTHING!!!! No more MISFIRE, No HICCUPS, he made me feel like a million bucks.

Please if anyone ever has any questions about this platform you can ask me, or I can refer you to somebody who knows something I can't answer. This was a life lesson for me I felt scammed.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:37 AM

2005 CL55 (sold) C63 Coupe 2012 p31(sold) Audi 330awhp E55 511WHP(sold)Z06C6 550whp C63 LTH
This was the hiccup chris Miller couldn't remove, you can hear it when is shift into second the car get put under load Bc I give a lil gas half throttle. It would experience this if I went WOT tho but netherthless here was the issue.

https://youtu.be/8E8PPfiaZxg
Old 11-16-2017, 12:38 AM

Old 11-16-2017, 12:43 AM

Also the dyno sheets came out blurry but on my phone they are clear, the original dyno was a a claimed 322 whp which he was lying to make money, he then showed me a after result of 511whp.... meanwhile the car felt the same.... no changes.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Eurocharged or die...
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 02:24 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Yep raceiq or eurocharged. I have bought 3 eurocharged tunes now. Yes the car industry is filled with heaps of scammers and generally dishonest people. It has been ever since I ever wanted to mod my first honda (at least it was turbocharged and not a civic) 15 years ago and likely decades before that too.
The following 2 users liked this post by tw2:
loungn14 (11-17-2017), sales@eurocharged.com (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 04:25 AM

Yes eurocharged is amazing too, jerry tuned my car first but I knew that jerry stopped tuning fixed pullies because they never would work 100% and are so annoying lol. So I went with Race IQ but if I had a clutched 77 is prob would've just stayed with jerry because I think they equally good.
The following 2 users liked this post by alenpepic:
loungn14 (11-17-2017), sales@eurocharged.com (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 05:07 AM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
Both Tony and Jerry are great tuners .... that said i have both a cable for Jerry an Tony an have had them both play with my tunes an work on them to get them right. Heres where the difference is .... Jerry seems a bit more conservative where if i tell Tony i want a super aggressive tune thats what he gives me. Also i noticed when i got my 82mm tb jerrys tune acted sl weird when he modded it for the 82mm ..... Tonys seems to be alot better on the driveability an response. Also last but not least Tony is there pretty much day or night for you an takes time when not at wk to set ya up if you need help. Thats a nice plus
Old 11-16-2017, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by E55amg0220
Both Tony and Jerry are great tuners .... that said i have both a cable for Jerry an Tony an have had them both play with my tunes an work on them to get them right. Heres where the difference is .... Jerry seems a bit more conservative where if i tell Tony i want a super aggressive tune thats what he gives me. Also i noticed when i got my 82mm tb jerrys tune acted sl weird when he modded it for the 82mm ..... Tonys seems to be alot better on the driveability an response. Also last but not least Tony is there pretty much day or night for you an takes time when not at wk to set ya up if you need help. Thats a nice plus
he saved my car big time, I thought I destroyed the motor once I caught that misfire.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
NA
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I just googled "Chris Miller Racing", and there are a number of other people through the years who have shared very negative reviews and warnings about dealing with this dude. Some of them straight out accuse him of theft. There's one complaint on the BBB website that states he took several thousand dollars for an engine rebuild and gave the car back to the customer without even doing the work. Not sure how true that is, but again not an isolated type of complaint about this guy. He seems to be a very accomplished drag racer and engine builder in the Honda circles, but that obviously doesn't mean squat when running a business or even just treating others with honesty and respect.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:48 PM

He works in farmingdale Long Island in a isolated area inside a abandon cheese cake factory place I think he rents it out for shop space. I spoke to my other friends who are tuners and they told me he makes so much money he doesn't care if ppl cars blow up. I'm a true believer in faith and karma, I cannot sue him Bc it was cash only but I know god will repay me and destroy his scamming bussiness. He cannot tune a fixed pulley setup with longtubes it's very tricky to do from scratch... idk why he choose to take the challenge and give me the car back that way.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:52 PM

These are the complaints I found and I believe there are more but this MB one I hope comes up always when someone looks up his name. He is a disgrace to tuning. The great tuners own up to their mistakes and retune cars till they are fixed, and call you and show up when you pick the car up to explain to you everything they did to the car. I GUARENTEE YOU HE WAS SO BUSY that he gave me the car untuned.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:53 PM

When I went to his shop he had everything closed and I barely could get in I had to call the coworker to open the doors. There is no shop name or anything on the building. Inside it's filled with honda parts like hundreds of bumpers for racing and stuff for evos. He sells parts too and he scammed so many ppl when he didn't have stuff in stock.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 392 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Sounds like the only thing worse is getting a tune from dtk. Glad you got everything sorted out with the Race IQ tune
Old 11-17-2017, 04:37 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
RaceIQ or nothing IMO. He'll be coming around the PA/NY/DE area to dyno tune next Spring as well. I'll be there, for now his canned tune is good enough.

What wheels are those? They look good on the w211.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Davednconfused
RaceIQ or nothing IMO. He'll be coming around the PA/NY/DE area to dyno tune next Spring as well. I'll be there, for now his canned tune is good enough.

What wheels are those? They look good on the w211.

they are rennen csl3's and yeah I got a bunch of guys who want a dyno day but idk PA is deep for us.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
99 ford lightning
its worth the drive
Old 11-20-2017, 03:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
Sounds like the only thing worse is getting a tune from dtk. Glad you got everything sorted out with the Race IQ tune
I think your shop is great and will most likely be ordering some stuff from you soon.

But just to say, I've got a DTK tune on my E55 with PB5 long tubes, and eurocharged 84mm pulley and ran 11.44 @ 122.85mph. 2nd fastest E55 in UK, and it's on an asphalt track, not concrete. Zero drive-ability issues.

I get some people may have had different experiences with different vendors, including some problems with DTK. But I'm not one of them.
VictoryRoadPerformance (11-20-2017)
Old 03-02-2019, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTS-V
BEWARE OF BUSINESS WITH CHRIS MILLER RACING

BEWARE! Do not do business with Chris Miller, I was sent to him to tune my car. He completely screwed up my car, for months the car has ran terribly and has cylinder misfires. I allowed him to re-tune it three times to fix what he's done with no success. And even after he told me I needed a new fuel pump module and upgraded fuel injectors spending more money. After now dealing with a new tuner, I'm aware it was what Chris Miller did to the car. He also caused my care to need other repairs costing me a few thousand dollars.
When I contacted Chris Miller about my car, requesting a refund, which I preferred since he had three separate times to solve the problem with my car. He acted like he didn't remember me, asked for my name. Then thru text tells me to suck his dick and to go **** myself. Then after telling him I'd be taking him to small claims court, he took it upon himself to to use my name to look up my home address " like who does that". Showing up at my house with another guy banging on the door like he was going to break it down. I walked outside and he starts yelling and threatening me as he throws me up against my house. Rather then hit the guy getting physical with him I felt the right thing to do was to call the police. When reaching for my phone, he slapped my phone out of my hand as I attempt to call the police on him.
Now I have a broken car and phone due to Chris Miller. This is the worst case of business ethics I have ever dealt with in my life. After researching him online and his reviews I wish I realized the complaints before hand. You do not want to do business with this guy. He has major anger issues and while doing business with him he does not respond to calls or textes, and will cause you to purchase other parts that you don't need, when the main root of the problem is the work he did on the car... BUYER BEWARE!!! Chris Miller will now be finding himself in court and also will be getting sued!

How he responds after screwing up your car.

Last edited by Warrior007; 03-02-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Need to add
Old 03-03-2019, 11:21 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
09 E63
Hopefully you paid for the services by credit card; if so then you can easily dispute the charges through the card company and get it refunded. I’ve done this with dishonest and terrible housing contractor work.

Also, file these problems with your state’s attorney generals office. With the court and such you could have his business license revoked.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by anomadtoo
Hopefully you paid for the services by credit card; if so then you can easily dispute the charges through the card company and get it refunded. I’ve done this with dishonest and terrible housing contractor work.

Also, file these problems with your state’s attorney generals office. With the court and such you could have his business license revoked.
i paid with cash like a moron, I learned my lesson now. I really hope somebody takes care of him, he robbed me
Old 03-05-2019, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Warrior007
BEWARE! Do not do business with Chris Miller, I was sent to him to tune my car. He completely screwed up my car, for months the car has ran terribly and has cylinder misfires. I allowed him to re-tune it three times to fix what he's done with no success. And even after he told me I needed a new fuel pump module and upgraded fuel injectors spending more money. After now dealing with a new tuner, I'm aware it was what Chris Miller did to the car. He also caused my care to need other repairs costing me a few thousand dollars.
When I contacted Chris Miller about my car, requesting a refund, which I preferred since he had three separate times to solve the problem with my car. He acted like he didn't remember me, asked for my name. Then thru text tells me to suck his dick and to go **** myself. Then after telling him I'd be taking him to small claims court, he took it upon himself to to use my name to look up my home address " like who does that". Showing up at my house with another guy banging on the door like he was going to break it down. I walked outside and he starts yelling and threatening me as he throws me up against my house. Rather then hit the guy getting physical with him I felt the right thing to do was to call the police. When reaching for my phone, he slapped my phone out of my hand as I attempt to call the police on him.
Now I have a broken car and phone due to Chris Miller. This is the worst case of business ethics I have ever dealt with in my life. After researching him online and his reviews I wish I realized the complaints before hand. You do not want to do business with this guy. He has major anger issues and while doing business with him he does not respond to calls or textes, and will cause you to purchase other parts that you don't need, when the main root of the problem is the work he did on the car... BUYER BEWARE!!! Chris Miller will now be finding himself in court and also will be getting sued!

How he responds after screwing up your car.

he owes me 1,100 but I have no way to get anything on him Bc I paid cash smh. Happened so long ago. He needs to be in jail man. He is scamming everyone.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:55 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 ML350, 2005 C55, 2004 E55
Mind blowing customer service! What's his bread and butter? I suggest you go on the forums of his most popular car and repost this, I doubt anybody would give him a dollar after that.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTS-V
CHRIS MILLER RACING SCAMMER

Originally Posted by alenpepic
he owes me 1,100 but I have no way to get anything on him Bc I paid cash smh. Happened so long ago. He needs to be in jail man. He is scamming everyone.
Unfortunately I paid him with cash, my car has sat for months because I had to go out of state for work and couldn't deal with issue.... A few weeks ago I sent it to dealer hoping they can staighten it out, they told me I need a motor, they think it's a piston, from the car running lean from a bad tune. I can't afford a motor. So I took the car to another mechanic who's been a mechanic for 40yrs. Told me either piston or value, and also said it was from the car running lean due to a bad tune. So this week finally I'm going to pull the motor apart and take the heads off and see what the problem is.
Car never ran right or ever had any mechanical problem until I brought to Chris Miller in Long Island NY. He even tuned it a second time to correct the problem and after the second time just gave me the car and said it's good. On way home the car was still screwed up and this guy never picked up the phone when I called him. Drove back to shop and the place was locked up, nobody there.
I spoken to a handful of guys here on Long Island who build motors and do performance upgrades and every single one said Chris Miller is no good that he has a lot of people who don't like him here on Long Island NY, that he's screwed up a lot of cars... It sucks there's no way we can stop this clown. He's robbing everybody and scamming everyone.

Last edited by Warrior007; 05-21-2019 at 02:44 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:13 AM

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts
CLS55
Surprised he still has his teeth or his shop is still standing from what people say about him!!!
JB88 (05-21-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 Tuning HORROR STORY CHRIS MILLER RACING