MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Running Wire Interior-Engine (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/689668-running-wire-interior-engine.html)

jumph4x 11-21-2017 03:12 AM

Running Wire Interior-Engine

Hey guys,

What's the easiest way to run a wire from interior to the engine bay fusebox?

drothgeb 11-21-2017 10:31 AM

I have ran wires from two spots on the passenger side. One grommet right below the air box, and one in the wheel well. The one below the air box come out pretty high up into the dash, you will need a coat hanger and have to get the downward angle right to fish it out. The one in the wheel well comes out behind the metal plate on the floor board. I couldn't find any where good on the driver side.

Its pretty easy to run wire in the valley going between the fuse box and air box and have it be completely hidden.

jumph4x 11-21-2017 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by drothgeb (Post 7317138)
I have ran wires from two spots on the passenger side. One grommet right below the air box, and one in the wheel well. The one below the air box come out pretty high up into the dash, you will need a coat hanger and have to get the downward angle right to fish it out. The one in the wheel well comes out behind the metal plate on the floor board. I couldn't find any where good on the driver side.

Its pretty easy to run wire in the valley going between the fuse box and air box and have it be completely hidden.

Thanks! I'll look into the grommet beneath airbox. You mean the cabin air filter, right?

drothgeb 11-21-2017 02:13 PM

Yeah, pull that sucker off and there is grommet just below it. Took some fiddling to get the hanger down below the dash though because it comes through pretty high up.

E55amg0220 11-21-2017 02:30 PM

I found that if you take off the under park of the drivers side dash and look at the back theres a nice grommet going right into the drivers side fuse box. I did my AEM wide band through there, to make it easy I removed the ecu and then took a small coat hanger and fed the wire i wanted in there to it and pulled it right into the fuse box keeps things nice and tidy.

jumph4x 11-21-2017 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by E55amg0220 (Post 7317323)
I found that if you take off the under park of the drivers side dash and look at the back theres a nice grommet going right into the drivers side fuse box. I did my AEM wide band through there, to make it easy I removed the ecu and then took a small coat hanger and fed the wire i wanted in there to it and pulled it right into the fuse box keeps things nice and tidy.

Sounds even better.

E55amg0220 11-21-2017 04:30 PM

Best way to see the hole it remove the ecm an ull be able to look down an the wires go through the fireway nice big hole. If u shine a light through there u can see the access port on in the foot well with that lower cover removed simple. This way no reason to run a wire all the way over the other side an stays nice, safe, away from liquid, an looks good

jumph4x 11-21-2017 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by E55amg0220 (Post 7317441)
Best way to see the hole it remove the ecm an ull be able to look down an the wires go through the fireway nice big hole. If u shine a light through there u can see the access port on in the foot well with that lower cover removed simple. This way no reason to run a wire all the way over the other side an stays nice, safe, away from liquid, an looks good

By ECM you mean the ESP module right next to the fusebox on the fender side or the ECU that is on the engine side form the fuses?

Thanks!

E55amg0220 11-21-2017 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by jumph4x (Post 7317495)
By ECM you mean the ESP module right next to the fusebox on the fender side or the ECU that is on the engine side form the fuses?

Thanks!

If you open the fusebox you wiull see the engine ECM inside next to the fuses just undo the the connectors and pull it straight out and place it safely to the side while you do your work

jumph4x 11-30-2017 11:12 PM

Thanks for this, worked perfectly!

E55amg0220 11-30-2017 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by jumph4x (Post 7324786)
Thanks for this, worked perfectly!

anytime boss glad i could help

jumph4x 12-01-2017 05:20 AM

Next question, haha: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post7324877