W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

radio harness ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2017 | 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e63
radio harness ?

does anyone know where to buy radio harness for a aftermarket headunit... been google searching. can not find anything..
also is it possile, to wire aftermarket head unit with the factory cd changer ?
Old 12-01-2017 | 03:48 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
There isn't an aftermarket radio harness unfortunately. These cars run almost everything through CANBUS and fibre optic. The only wires are usually the power and ground (not even switched 12V). Your options are either to buy an aftermarket replacement radio that is designed specifically for these cars or you can get some adapters to allow you to use any radio. Check out the link in my signature for how I did mine. https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...re-optics.html That company I got the adapter from also does full replacement head units too. https://avinusa.com
Old 03-10-2021 | 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c230
I bought an aftermarket car stereo and a harness. Tried installing it and figured out that the harness pins were not accurate to the location it needs to be. After some research, I was able to reconfigure the pins so I can have the car stereo to turn on. Currently having some issues with audio since the amp is not getting triggered. I have tried all of the location pins but no luck for the factory amp to work. Can anyone help? All of the search I found were talking about a blue/white cable for the factory amp but those are for other vehicles and nothing for 2003 MB C230. There is a blue/white cable to the wiring but for the steering control and that didn't work either when I tried turning that on.
Old 03-10-2021 | 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
It depends on what options your car had prior. I'm not too familiar with C230, but the E classes had audio 20, and Harmon Kardon systems. I believe the audio 20 system has a more traditional stereo harness, whereas the HK system has only fiber, 12v and ground going to the unit, and possibly an aux cable in the glove box if you had that option. If you had a HK, or a system with M.O.S.T. fiber optics behind the radio, there's a strong chance that the amp needs to see action on that fiber optic ring before it turns on. A few companies sell a fiber box that will take the RCA output from the new head unit, and convert it to fiber, so your stock amp will power the speakers like it always had. You will lose any Logic 7 processing, so take care with volume at first go-round, that center speaker will blow fast. My advice is if you need the fiber box, get the Xtrons unit, and get it from Amazon, that way returns are simple if something goes wrong. I had issues with AVIN USA regarding support and returning a DOA part they sent me... They wanted me to pay for shipping. Needless to say, I still have the broken part, and the new (working) replacement they sent me, as I refuse to pay for shipping on a DOA part. Also, if you do need the fiber box, then do not hook it to constant 12v, as it will probably drain the battery. They only need switched 12v to operate, regardless of what the installation instructions suggest.