Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove '03 E55 yesterday...

Old 05-09-2004, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Cars
Drove '03 E55 yesterday...

Was thoroughly impressed. It was almost 90 degrees yesterday and the acceleration compared to my W210 just put it to shame! I really love the new interior but it does make the interior feel "smaller". Great feel to the car, definitely improved throttle response. Brakes feel good IMO too. Car sounds very nice, and I have to say the look is just wonderful inside and out. The best part about these cars is the Dr. Jekyl, Mr. Hyde personality. I was romping on it a bit and then was coming up to a stop sign where a police officer was sitting and waiting. So I came to a full stop, easily laid into the throttle, no revealing notion that this was a low 12 second supercharged V8 beast aside from a very deep yet decievingly quiet rumble to the exhaust. After I got a safe distance away, I made a right turn, stomped into 1st, and the beast was back. Aside from that, I have to admit I really like the car in white (the one I drove was white). The car had some 9800 miles and definitely had the infamous supercharger chirp from the clutch engaging and disengaging.

Since I know the buyer for the dealership he offered it to me for $2000 over what they paid for it, around $78k. Not really worth it to me considering a brand new '05 can be had for a few thousand more, so I'm still undecided which route to take. All I know is I won't be able to hold out for much longer. The W210 is fast but there are too many cars like the EVO VIII, STi, late model Camaro/TransAms, etc on the streets these days and being the competitive spirit that I am, it's time to raise the bar up and bring a new Sheriff to town. I love these AMG Mercedes!

-m

Last edited by Marcus Frost; 05-09-2004 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Knowin your lil line up of cars Marcus I know that E55 won't be stock But yes I must admit this car IS truly a wolf in sheep's clothing...