Sponsored by:

Need some help and advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 E63S AMG w/CCB's
Exclamation Need some help and advice

Need some ideas on where to go searching.
Back in October I upgraded a few components on my E55 in preparation for Anthony Lawshee coming out to tune our cars. I installed a UPD 77mm clutched pulley, an 82mm TB, a DTK BWK and 630cc injectors. I replaced all the gaskets, the IAT sensor and the MAP sensor. I uploaded a box tune from tony for the mods and started my journey to the shop. I made it about 3 miles before smoke started pouring out from under by hood (bonnet for our friends across the pond). I'm not sure what the cause was but my SC electromagnet got so hot it melted the epoxy inside and shattered the clutch material on my SC drum. I pulled everything apart but found no real culprit. Pulley was spaced to .3mm. Everything drove fine up until I saw the smoke, at which point I pulled into a parking lot and disconnected the SC electrical connection. The car then went into limp mode and I nursed her home. I have since purchased two additional blowers. One (a 580 blower) was pretty jacked up inside and sounded terrible when spinning by hand. I took the front cover off that blower and swapped it onto mine. Filled with 150mm of mobil jet oil and reinstalled everything.

So there's the back story, and here's my current predicament.

The car runs fine at low speeds when the SC is not engaged, but when the SC engages the car leans out entirely (O2's read .000 voltage) and the mixture detonates shaking the car wildly. I drove the car around for a while at low speeds waiting for codes to pop, the car threw P0171 and P0174 (both banks running lean). Additionally, I noticed that for a second after each shift the O2's read .0xx and the car is noticeably down on power. I am not at home but will be back in town in a couple days to get my hands dirty again. I'm looking for suggestions on what I should check that would cause this issue.
Remember that when I first put everything back together the car ran fine, so something happened during the overheating experience that I do not fully understand. I will scan the car again with STAR once I'm home.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for your responses.

Merry Christmas!