Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weistec Engineering : BEWARE

Old 01-08-2018, 03:25 PM
63c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 c63 + 2017 coupe c63 edition1

Originally Posted by Weistec
This appears to be an order from PP Performance based on some of the information you have mentioned.
yes you know exactly that it belongs to My friend Saif from PPP @ Dubai branch . That still doesn’t justify your case my friend . Plus , that is only one of the cases.

You have left out nearly all the details.
No I have not. In fact , I pretty much summed everything up. I did leave out the the screenshots of the Number of times you ignored my calls, my emails , and the promises of shipping the products( which I will if I have to)

We are working on a response to this post that will include dates, emails, pictures and information which will clearly show that all the delays are not at the fault of Weistec.
I’m pretty sure this is not the kind of reaponse that the people of the mbworld community are waiting for. What you were supposed to say , that after 8 months of promises and lies , we will send your products immediatley . Yes go ahead and make things up , be careful what you post . I also have everything documented and recorded.
Just send me what you have been promising me for the last two months. And let’s all go home happy !

Old 01-08-2018, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts
05 E55, 98 CLK320
This appears to be an order from PP Performance based on some of the information you have mentioned.

You have left out nearly all the details.

We are working on a response to this post that will include dates, emails, pictures and information which will clearly show that all the delays are not at the fault of Weistec.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:59 PM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MACEDON

lmfao ^^^^^ yep getting my popcorn ready
Old 01-08-2018, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 477 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
extra butter, if you please.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:33 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Old 01-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
The sales order for this order was created 3/23/2017
Initial deposit received 3/27/17.

First block – After a shipping/customs related delay the original engine was received. Shortly after receiving the engine, it was placed in our engine builder’s work queue. Upon tear down it was found that one piston was melted, causing irreparable damage to the cylinder wall. Pictures were provided to PP Performance. We recommended either replacing engine block, or sleeving the damaged block.

At this time, we offered to provide a sleeved block. We already had the spare block sleeved with iron sleeves and a 98mm bore. Sleeving normally takes several weeks and since this block was ready to go, all we would have to do was make a set of pistons for 98mm rather than the 97mm pistons PP Performance ordered.

A second option we offered was to simply cancel the engine build portion of the order and ship all the components (engine internals, ported heads, supercharger system, long tube headers, original engine, etc.) back to PP Performance so that they could source a replacement block themselves or sleeve their damaged block and perform the assembly of the engine.

The options were presented to PP Performance and we waited quite a while for them to decide what they wanted to do. For either option, we informed PP Performance that we would require payment made in full to proceed. Customer decided, after quite some time, to send another block.

Since the original block was not usable without sleeving and the customer did not approve using the sleeved block we had ready, the engine was pulled from our engine builders queue at least until PP Performance made a decision on how they wanted us to proceed. This caused a delay at no fault of Weistec.

September 10th, 2017 PP Performance provided us with a tracking number for a second block that they shipped out for the build.

The second block that was sent to us was left untouched in the packaging until accounting approved work to begin. This delay is not the fault of Weistec. We made it clear to PP Performance that payment was required for work to begin. It took nearly a month for PP Performance to pay the balance.
In that time frame, first we were told that PP Performance was wiring payment. Then we were told that PP’s customer would be wiring us directly and that we would have to wire a balance to PP as the customer would be sending more than the balance owed. It was a drawn out and confusing.

Second block – Received second block in September of 2017 and the order was put back in the engine builder’s queue after we received payment on 10/16/2017. When the engine builder got to PP Performance’s order again, the second engine was brought into our engine room to begin the build process. Upon unpackaging the second block, the engine builder found X’s marked on the block at two of the cylinders. Inspection of the cylinders with the X mark found an obvious crack in one cylinder and some minor damage to the other cylinder. Second block was useless. With the X mark on the block, it was obvious that someone knew the block was cracked before it was shipped to Weistec. When we notified PP Performance of the crack, they denied its existence until we provided pictures.

We refused to proceed with building the engine using a cracked block, for obvious reasons. That makes for yet another delay at no fault of Weistec.

We now have two blocks from PP Performance that are unusable without repair sitting next to the ported heads, ARP hardware, pistons, rods, gaskets, exhaust, and supercharger system. All the parts are here except a good block.

Once again, we had to wait for PP Performance to make a decision. Engine was pulled from the queue a second time. Delayed again. Finally, PP Performance told us to go ahead with building the engine using the sleeved block we had offered them months earlier.

The sleeved block, as mentioned earlier, needs 98mm pistons. The only issue this causes is that the pistons we had ready for PP Performance were 97mm pistons. Internally, we ordered new pistons as a straight exchange for the 97mm pistons that PP Performance paid for. The engine was again put back into the queue pending completion of the new 98mm pistons.

While we did not require any kind of payment for the new 98mm pistons, we do still need payment for the sleeved block and then the updated shipping expense of sending the completed order and one bad block back to PP Performance. The other block is being used as a core exchange towards the sleeved block we are providing.

That brings us to the present. There are many things that can simply not be done instantly. Making new oversized pistons is one of those things. A custom set of pistons takes 4-6 weeks. Delays are unfortunate and do happen in the performance automotive world.

There have been 3 different people (Saif, Oliver, and Shayea) we were communicating with at PP Performance over this so it may be the case that something was explained to one better than the others causing some confusion.

Calling Moe’s personal cellphone at 3am Pacific time and not having the call answered should be no surprise nor should it be considered an ignored call. There are also times where there are no updates available as certain things simply cannot be accomplished in a few days’ time, such as making new pistons or the engine builder needing to finish the engine he is currently working on before moving onto the next engine in the schedule. Multiple calls in the same day will most certainly not yield any new information.

Had the original engine not been damaged because of the melted piston, this order would have been fulfilled many months ago. All the delays can be attributed to an initial shipping/customs delay, receiving two damaged blocks, waiting for decisions from PP Performance, and waiting for payment. The rest of the time taken is attributed to normal manufacturing and service lead times.

We could have gone into further detail, but we feel that all the key points have been addressed.

Here is a link to a photo album of some of the emails from PP Performance regarding sending a second block as they felt it was more cost effective than sleeving, as well as the delays in payment. Also, there are pictures of both damaged blocks to show that they are not usable without sleeving.
http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/Weistec/library/M113K

Everything that was ordered and paid for will be sent once the work is completed. Contrary to what your post suggests, we have been doing our best to get everything done for this order. Many things that are out of our control have made this take far longer than it should have. It is just plain wrong to play this off as Weistec being at fault.
The following 6 users liked this post by Weistec:
BLKROKT (01-28-2018), frasers4th (12-19-2019), MACEDON (01-09-2018), rapidoxidation (01-08-2018), Strigoi (01-09-2018), Tomsti (01-08-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Now that both parties have responded, I have closed this thread and ask they take it to PMs. I truly hope they can work out a solution satisfactory to both. Thank you.

Bob