Weistec Engineering : BEWARE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 10:55 AM
63c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 c63 + 2017 coupe c63 edition1
Weistec Engineering : BEWARE

Hi, I am from the UAE. Before I start clarifying on anything,I just want everybody to know that I have always been a loyal Weistec Customer. In fact, Weistec has always been my first choice on my Mercedes upgrades. In addition, I have forwarded many of my friends to purchase many Weistec superchargers for thier cars. My personal car is one of Weistec's ultimate C63 weapons and it was once the fastest C63's in the world.
http://dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Timeslip-27325.html
Therefore, I am posting this thread with a very heavy heart.
Unfortunatley , and in recent months they have been a total nightmare and a complete headeche. They continoue to ignore my calls , they fail to deliver thier products, and most shockingly they fail to complete any work as promised.
I have three cases with them that I would like to highlight. starting with the first, My friend had an E55 motor that wanted to upgrade. This was back in April of 2017. He Approached me and ofcourse i reccomended Weistec. We sent weistec the motor and we had paid them a deposit to start upgrading the engine internals. Now here comes the BS folks, after exactly four weeks, we called them to ask abut the progress with the engine. They told me after three days that the work is on hold due to a damaged block and that they needed a proper block. Now, why didnt they tell this from the begining and had to wait for a month??. Anyway, trusting what they said. I got them a new block and sent it to thier warehouse. The same scenario happend again after a month. At this point , I was the one calling and asking, while Moe did not even lift a finger to try to explain what was going on. Therfore, we bought a second block and we sent it to them. This was around July (5 months ago). They really rolled me over for these 5 months. As the upgrade started to take place since July and until now , I have not recieved anything from them. They have been claiming for more than a month that the engine upgrade has been completed and that it would ship soon!. Thier latest update on this since last Thursady, is that the engine would be shipped next week due to the late arrival of the pistons!. Again lies after lies. Tell me folks , does an engine upgrade require 8 months ?. They have my money and my engine and all I have so far are peanuts
Second case, Two months ago another friend of mine wanted to purchase some engine internals for his supercharged C63. I called moe to ask about the availability of the internals. He immediatley told me everything is in stock and that I need to make a payment and that all the internals will be shipped. Therefore, we paid them. I called immediatley after 24hr to be updated about tracking. I got no answers and no reply. that continoued for about two weeks. Later , the second week, Moe finally replied to me and told me that he is sorry and that the internals are only missing the pistons, which he will get in a few days (Yes, he lied). Until this very day , he has been giving me the run around and Weistec havent shipped the internals after they recieved payment.
Third Case, is a personal matter of mine. As you all know. My C63 has a stage 3 supercharger with the built engine. About two months ago my supercharger belt got torn apart and my pulley was damaged. I called Weistec Immediatley to get these part replaced. Believe me folks after making payment and waiting for two weeks , they sent me parts for a stage 2 supercharger . After notifying Moe about his dumb mistake, he promised to resolve the matter and send me the correct parts for my car. Until now, I have not recieved anything. what kind of company doesnt keep stock items such as a belt or a pulley at thier warehouse?
Like I said before, I really never wanted to post anything against Weistec being that I have always been a loyal customer, but rellay they left me no choise. As I am writing this post, I had made payments for an E55 motor upgrade, C63 engine internals, and C63 supercharger parts, yet I did not receive anything nor has moe attempted to expedite shipping any of the parts. I keep calling and I get hung up, i keep being put on hold until I hang up myself. This is really pathetic and rude. Shouldnt the customer be treated with respect immediatley? should an engine upgrade take 8 months? or shouldnt I get notified for any draw-backs that I dont have to call myself and find out? shouldnt a company such as Weistec keep simple stock items such as a stupid belt or a pathetic small pulley?.
The following users liked this post:
bEATONu (01-08-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 11:47 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
E63 and GL450, ML350 bluetec
Thats Garbage, they have a good name but all it takes is 1 person to ruin it. I hope they respond to this post, because I won't buy anything from them until they do.

Good luck.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
^^+1^^,,

Sorry to hear that bro..!,,

this is one of bad daaaamn habit with many good companies so often..

-;ZAYED;-
Old 01-06-2018, 12:17 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
E63 and GL450, ML350 bluetec
It might be worth asking the owner of the forum to help, usually they are looking out for the forum members. I used to mod on a large forum and we had members asking for help plenty of times.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
I was really hoping they would never go down the road that a lot of performance shops end up going down. That sucks.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by 6172crew
It might be worth asking the owner of the forum to help
You mean Internet Brands? They're a **** company that owns a ton of forums.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:43 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Just the usual performance shop routine. Start out good, create a good reputation, mis manage the business, use customer deposits to stay afloat while not being able to afford to deliver. Promise everything deliver nothing. I can't understand why people can't be honest and take responsibility.
The following users liked this post:
bEATONu (01-08-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm also wondering if they're pulling this **** because OP is in the UAE and they think they can get away with it.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:50 PM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
Never had a issue with them and spent a nice chunk with them ..Also ,they were very good with me as my kit came 1 week late and they tossed a free belt and pulley for me
Old 01-06-2018, 04:58 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Hopefully they will weigh in with their side of the story.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 477 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Am I reading properly that you sent them TWO engine blocks? Because
They told me after three days that the work is on hold due to a damaged block and that they needed a proper block. Now, why didnt they tell this from the begining and had to wait for a month??. Anyway, trusting what they said. I got them a new block and sent it to thier warehouse. The same scenario happend again after a month. At this point , I was the one calling and asking, while Moe did not even lift a finger to try to explain what was going on. Therfore, we bought a second block and we sent it to them.
?
Why would you send them two new engine blocks?
I smell bull**** here, and it might not be the shop.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
and all that...

Last edited by rapidoxidation; 01-06-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 139 Posts
1999 C43 AMG, 2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by cm60k
^^+1^^,,

Sorry to hear that bro..!,,

this is one of bad daaaamn habit with many good companies so often..

-;ZAYED;-
Zayed!
Old 01-07-2018, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
>>
Old 01-07-2018, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes Benz E63
I just saw the thread where a guy claims his GTS fell off their lift and they covered it up by getting the car repaired. That is insane.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by layzie12g
I just saw the thread where a guy claims his GTS fell off their lift and they covered it up by getting the car repaired. That is insane.
Whoa! Hold on a sec there! They ****ed up a customer car and fixed it?

No way! This company is obviously the embodiment of evil based off OP's post.

Seriously, until I see a post from Weistec hearing their side of this it's all he said/she said stuff.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts
05 E55, 98 CLK320
8 months for an engine upgrade is a bit outrageous. I think it's the fact that he's from so far away as well...
Old 01-08-2018, 10:46 AM

E55 amg
Hate when people come in and talk when they had never bought even a bolt from wesitec..Your story seems bit over stretched maybe 3 miles long.Also ,gts falling a off a lift AAHHAAHHA,You guys act like parrots repeat and add flames to a fire to spark my pot stirring.Person who made this post where's you emails and invoices/???
Old 01-08-2018, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 103 Posts
2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
It was a white GT or GTS ,ripped the fender off ,an ex employee made the claim and provided pics,and gps coordinates from his cell phone where the pics were taken ,their address . I’m sure if you do enough digging you will find it .only reason I found out was I have a new GTS and was gonna do some mods and I was presented with that as a reason to not use them .
Old 01-08-2018, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts
05 E55, 98 CLK320
Originally Posted by oneslow55
Hate when people come in and talk when they had never bought even a bolt from wesitec..Your story seems bit over stretched maybe 3 miles long.Also ,gts falling a off a lift AAHHAAHHA,You guys act like parrots repeat and add flames to a fire to spark my pot stirring.Person who made this post where's you emails and invoices/???
They seem like a serious company with all the equipment they manufacture, but service divisions and manufacturing divisions can be completely separate things sometimes.

Just because you had a pleasant experience buying a supercharger with them doesn't mean the same service will be reciprocated during installation.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:32 PM

E55 amg
Originally Posted by MACEDON
They seem like a serious company with all the equipment they manufacture, but service divisions and manufacturing divisions can be completely separate things sometimes.

Just because you had a pleasant experience buying a supercharger with them doesn't mean the same service will be reciprocated during installation.
Not sure what to say proof would be good
Old 01-08-2018, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes Benz E63
My experience with them was good as well. One of their customers service guys didn't know much about cars, but I think he was just a desk guy taking orders. Their products tend to speak for themselves. I wanted to get the 3.0 for my 55 in the future. Hopefully they do what they can to fix what has happened.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:17 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
04 55
Originally Posted by layzie12g
. I wanted to get the 3.0 for my 55 in the future. Hopefully they do what they can to fix what has happened.
if you wait you may get a discount from a going out of business sale -- if i owned the GTS that was damaged i would sue them for fraud and misrepresentation -- (of course i have neither a Weistec blower or a GTS)
Old 01-08-2018, 01:47 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
this is sad...these are issues that "small" shops usually have. sounds like a serious lack of management and good business practice there.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 01-08-2018, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 svt cobra
Originally Posted by Strigoi
Whoa! Hold on a sec there! They ****ed up a customer car and fixed it?

No way! This company is obviously the embodiment of evil based off OP's post.

Seriously, until I see a post from Weistec hearing their side of this it's all he said/she said stuff.

So it's an ok practice to do extensive damage to a vehicle and not notify the customer and just try to fix it yourself? Interesting.

Here's a link to some of the GTS damage
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...e-alerted.html
Old 01-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Originally Posted by 63c
Hi, I am from the UAE. Before I start clarifying on anything,I just want everybody to know that I have always been a loyal Weistec Customer. In fact, Weistec has always been my first choice on my Mercedes upgrades. In addition, I have forwarded many of my friends to purchase many Weistec superchargers for thier cars. My personal car is one of Weistec's ultimate C63 weapons and it was once the fastest C63's in the world.
http://dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Timeslip-27325.html
Therefore, I am posting this thread with a very heavy heart.
Unfortunatley , and in recent months they have been a total nightmare and a complete headeche. They continoue to ignore my calls , they fail to deliver thier products, and most shockingly they fail to complete any work as promised.
I have three cases with them that I would like to highlight. starting with the first, My friend had an E55 motor that wanted to upgrade. This was back in April of 2017. He Approached me and ofcourse i reccomended Weistec. We sent weistec the motor and we had paid them a deposit to start upgrading the engine internals. Now here comes the BS folks, after exactly four weeks, we called them to ask abut the progress with the engine. They told me after three days that the work is on hold due to a damaged block and that they needed a proper block. Now, why didnt they tell this from the begining and had to wait for a month??. Anyway, trusting what they said. I got them a new block and sent it to thier warehouse. The same scenario happend again after a month. At this point , I was the one calling and asking, while Moe did not even lift a finger to try to explain what was going on. Therfore, we bought a second block and we sent it to them. This was around July (5 months ago). They really rolled me over for these 5 months. As the upgrade started to take place since July and until now , I have not recieved anything from them. They have been claiming for more than a month that the engine upgrade has been completed and that it would ship soon!. Thier latest update on this since last Thursady, is that the engine would be shipped next week due to the late arrival of the pistons!. Again lies after lies. Tell me folks , does an engine upgrade require 8 months ?. They have my money and my engine and all I have so far are peanuts
Second case, Two months ago another friend of mine wanted to purchase some engine internals for his supercharged C63. I called moe to ask about the availability of the internals. He immediatley told me everything is in stock and that I need to make a payment and that all the internals will be shipped. Therefore, we paid them. I called immediatley after 24hr to be updated about tracking. I got no answers and no reply. that continoued for about two weeks. Later , the second week, Moe finally replied to me and told me that he is sorry and that the internals are only missing the pistons, which he will get in a few days (Yes, he lied). Until this very day , he has been giving me the run around and Weistec havent shipped the internals after they recieved payment.
Third Case, is a personal matter of mine. As you all know. My C63 has a stage 3 supercharger with the built engine. About two months ago my supercharger belt got torn apart and my pulley was damaged. I called Weistec Immediatley to get these part replaced. Believe me folks after making payment and waiting for two weeks , they sent me parts for a stage 2 supercharger . After notifying Moe about his dumb mistake, he promised to resolve the matter and send me the correct parts for my car. Until now, I have not recieved anything. what kind of company doesnt keep stock items such as a belt or a pulley at thier warehouse?
Like I said before, I really never wanted to post anything against Weistec being that I have always been a loyal customer, but rellay they left me no choise. As I am writing this post, I had made payments for an E55 motor upgrade, C63 engine internals, and C63 supercharger parts, yet I did not receive anything nor has moe attempted to expedite shipping any of the parts. I keep calling and I get hung up, i keep being put on hold until I hang up myself. This is really pathetic and rude. Shouldnt the customer be treated with respect immediatley? should an engine upgrade take 8 months? or shouldnt I get notified for any draw-backs that I dont have to call myself and find out? shouldnt a company such as Weistec keep simple stock items such as a stupid belt or a pathetic small pulley?.
This appears to be an order from PP Performance based on some of the information you have mentioned.

You have left out nearly all the details.

We are working on a response to this post that will include dates, emails, pictures and information which will clearly show that all the delays are not at the fault of Weistec.
The following 2 users liked this post by Weistec:
frasers4th (12-19-2019), MACEDON (01-08-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec Engineering : BEWARE