Sponsored by:

55Kompressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 04:44 PM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist
Those that know the most seem to type the least, but it's always gold.
From now on ill be more brief ..This why these cars fail in price in real tech on it..Waste Thanks,,
Old 03-11-2018, 05:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sl55 amg
Originally Posted by cnterline
SL fuel system is different from E55
okay. Do you mind if we talk for a bit cnterline? I followed you on Instagram and dmed but never got a reply back 😂 but my goal is to follow in your footsteps and run 10s..I just want to make sure I prep my car correctly for that.
Is there anything I should do for my fuel system?
Run e85?
I definetly am considering running Nitrous after all of my bolt ons and maybe spray it off the line. Let me
know. Thank you.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:21 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by oneslow55
Your a (mr.internet lawyer) ,centerline just said it lol..Your clown you can't add a larger injector without standalone in this car with it running correctly .You can't add one large with the rest stock and what you going to do scale on only??Love to see this on a stock ecu,.This forum I tell you are special people...Learn how this car works and report back on ecu ,injecotor and tables the ecu has to make the ecu work with it open loop.I dare to call e.c ask for jerry and ask him to tune larger 8 injector with the rest stock,you'll see how hard he laughs and hangs the phone up on you.These posts remind me of the 20 year back Honda days
Once again we all agree with you 100% that you cannot add a single *much larger* injector OR even a full set of larger injectors without compensating for the extra flow via the ECU. No one is arguing against you on this. We also agree that we don't have significant control over single injector fuel trims so a fairly advanced standalone would be needed if for some reason we wanted to do this (we don't!).

What we are saying and that you seem to have a problem with is that if you again take your stock injectors, the ones that came with your engine, that ran it perfectly for 12+ years. You find out what they flow. I believe the stock ones are 412cc/min. Lets say all eight come back as 405, 410, 410, 411, 412, 417, 418 and 425cc/min because they are never going to be exactly the same, they are mass produced cars not F1 contenders. You then put the 425 back into number 8 cyclinder so it can run ever so slightly richer than the rest at the same fuel pressure. That way if you have a slight problem with fuel pressure then you have a tiny safety net before this cylinder blows.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time and being off topic (last time I promise), I respect this guys technical knowledge despite lack of social skills otherwise I wouldn't bother.

On topic, I would also be interested to know how they set up the SL55 fuel system.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 103 Posts
2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
I was just stating a fact that E55 runs dual fuel pumps in tank, SL55 is external pump ,I have no experience with E85;nitrous (which I don’t recommend for my own reasons) or methanol , do a search on here there are a bunch of 10 second cars ,there even a post titled 10 second recipe I believe lol.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:05 PM

Sl55 amg
Originally Posted by cnterline
I was just stating a fact that E55 runs dual fuel pumps in tank, SL55 is external pump ,I have no experience with E85;nitrous (which I don’t recommend for my own reasons) or methanol , do a search on here there are a bunch of 10 second cars ,there even a post titled 10 second recipe I believe lol.
do you have the link by any chance? Couldn’t find it on search
Old 03-11-2018, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 103 Posts
2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
Old 03-12-2018, 12:20 AM

E55 amg
Originally Posted by tw2
Once again we all agree with you 100% that you cannot add a single *much larger* injector OR even a full set of larger injectors without compensating for the extra flow via the ECU. No one is arguing against you on this. We also agree that we don't have significant control over single injector fuel trims so a fairly advanced standalone would be needed if for some reason we wanted to do this (we don't!).

What we are saying and that you seem to have a problem with is that if you again take your stock injectors, the ones that came with your engine, that ran it perfectly for 12+ years. You find out what they flow. I believe the stock ones are 412cc/min. Lets say all eight come back as 405, 410, 410, 411, 412, 417, 418 and 425cc/min because they are never going to be exactly the same, they are mass produced cars not F1 contenders. You then put the 425 back into number 8 cyclinder so it can run ever so slightly richer than the rest at the same fuel pressure. That way if you have a slight problem with fuel pressure then you have a tiny safety net before this cylinder blows.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time and being off topic (last time I promise), I respect this guys technical knowledge despite lack of social skills otherwise I wouldn't bother.

On topic, I would also be interested to know how they set up the SL55 fuel system.

I would like go further on this subject ,people like you don’t waste anyone’s time and like that your very interested seriously and not acting like a dumb ***

.Even if you did do that, that’s not the real issue going on with the fuel on cylinder 8 ,this happens more when idiots decide to do pulls back to back without cooling and running the car to 160 mph and which you can cause heat up to the stock pumps and more so on the recall done without the proper pigtail installed to correct the lean out .

Also, not to mention if your doing pulls like that Afr should be set to 11.2 that would help over come lean up.How many stock cars you see have cylinder 8 lean out and fail ??think about that and remember stock Afr dip into the 10 thst helps cool down Egt and saves the cylinder walls etc .
Old 03-12-2018, 01:39 AM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by oneslow55

I would like go further on this subject ,people like you don’t waste anyone’s time and like that your very interested seriously and not acting like a dumb ***

.Even if you did do that, that’s not the real issue going on with the fuel on cylinder 8 ,this happens more when idiots decide to do pulls back to back without cooling and running the car to 160 mph and which you can cause heat up to the stock pumps and more so on the recall done without the proper pigtail installed to correct the lean out .

Also, not to mention if your doing pulls like that Afr should be set to 11.2 that would help over come lean up.How many stock cars you see have cylinder 8 lean out and fail ??think about that and remember stock Afr dip into the 10 thst helps cool down Egt and saves the cylinder walls etc .
You just said that cylinder 8 failure happens due to:
  1. People driving too agressivly causing fuel pumps to overheat and-
  2. Fuel pump updating/warranty work not correcting the reversed wiring on one of the fuel pumps.
Well number 1 is not a thing. Turns out constant speed fuel pumps on returnless fuel systems don't give a **** if you are idling or going 200 mph. Figure out how these systems work before making silly claims, and since that is not a real thing you really just said that cylinder 8 failures can all be chalked up to not having wiring fixed for new fuel pumps.

Strange you are willing to tell TW2 what he mentioned(which was completely logical) is useless and then follow it up by saying such nonsense. I hope other people see through your bull **** and don't read the total crap you so confidently post and take it as knowledge.

Last edited by drothgeb; 03-12-2018 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:27 AM

E55 amg
Originally Posted by drothgeb
You just said that cylinder 8 failure happens due to:
  1. People driving too agressivly causing fuel pumps to overheat and-
  2. Fuel pump updating/warranty work not correcting the reversed wiring on one of the fuel pumps.
Well number 1 is not a thing. Turns out constant speed fuel pumps on returnless fuel systems don't give a **** if you are idling or going 200 mph. Figure out how these systems work before making silly claims, and since that is not a real thing you really just said that cylinder 8 failures can all be chalked up to not having wiring fixed for new fuel pumps.

Strange you are willing to tell TW2 what he mentioned(which was completely logical) is useless and then follow it up by saying such nonsense. I hope other people see through your bull **** and don't read the total crap you so confidently post and take it as knowledge.

Well sorry to say ,this is the many reasons they Grenade there engine ,since your such a fool to figure that out not sure what to say .I could care less about your posts as they don’t count lol.If you can’t understand stand logic that if the pumps are wired incorrectly ,there tunes are very lean (higher in gears some tunes lean out ,get fuel pressure lose your a fool (you are still a fool regardless )not sure what to say .To correct this matters,make sure other people can have this check list ..

pumps are flowing proper and are in good working condition

Things to look out for

fuel pressure is in good state under wot

if modded larger are needed

injectors are clean and flow fine

tune is not to lean in higher gears and speeds

can add looped rail for Preventative safety

make larger rails custom to extra flow and more
Consistent fuel pressure..

larger flowing pumps (aem) this is a great combo if you want more fuel and e85 later down the road .

Larger injector to help my starve as mods come cAr will need more fuel from more air and power made so that your
injector duty cycle is not maxed out .When this happens your injectors get hot and Pulse slower and can seize them from heat from over straining them.

Last edited by oneslow55; 03-12-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 392 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
If youre not logging or Monitoring parameters youre definitely going to want to. It can give you insight on an issue before its too late. The best is to run dual widebands, but a single on Bank 2 is ok if thats all you can manage.

http://vrpspeed.com/index.php?route=...ory&path=60_95

The best and most expensive fuel system fix is to convert your car into a return system with aftermarket pumps.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:04 PM

Sl55 amg
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
If youre not logging or Monitoring parameters youre definitely going to want to. It can give you insight on an issue before its too late. The best is to run dual widebands, but a single on Bank 2 is ok if thats all you can manage.

http://vrpspeed.com/index.php?route=...ory&path=60_95

The best and most expensive fuel system fix is to convert your car into a return system with aftermarket pumps.
doed the gauge pod work with the Sl55 air vent?