Sponsored by:

front primary exhaust brackets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55 thats never seen winter
front primary exhaust brackets

Are they really needed, i have a xpipe and no resonator, must be a loss of 40 lbs. some aftermarket does not even provision for it, unless it has to do with vibration damping all i see is saftey if the whole rear exhaust fell down lol
Old 03-21-2018, 10:14 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 2017 E400 Wagon, 2018 C350e hybrid
I assume you're referring to the horizontal brackets that attach the exhaust to the back of the transmission? If so, they are needed to ensure that the front section of the exhaust does not move with respect to the engine/transmission. The engine/transmission and exhaust system move with respect to the rest of the vehicle (including the rest of the exhaust brackets--hence the rubber mounts); without this brace to hold the exhaust in place, all of the resulting force would be on the exhaust manifold/headers (it will be a fair amount of force--think of the exhaust pipes like a really long breaker bar). Long term driving without this brace, particularly if the motor mounts are in poor shape, may result in cracking the exhaust manifold/headers.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55 thats never seen winter
yea you were right my exhaust wanted to like snap off after 3 days, did a crap diag that wasnt what was vibrating my back donut collecter flanges were comming loose, all fixed. what you think if it was full exhaust and theres no mounts for the trans brackets. i mean thats way lighter then the 2 garbage cans attached up front stock.