W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

e55 going to 7000rpm at random, help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2018 | 02:38 PM

porsche
e55 going to 7000rpm at random, help

hey all,

so i had the glycol contamination due to faulty radiator and i had fixed that and the last year or so of driving it was driving fine besides a humming/droning sound coming from the torque converter between 1500-2000rpm.

i used a fuel additiive a few days ago to the gas tank (liquimoly) and soon there after one time when i was accelerating at about 2000rpm when the transmission should bbe shifting to the next gear it actually went to 8000 rpm while i was at the same speed. when i tried to accelerate more to pickup speed nothing happened and it was stuck at 7000rpm at the same slow speed.....when i applied the brakes to slow down even further then the gauge went back down to 1000rpm and then i was able to pick up speed and accelerate again like normal....this has happened 2 times in last 4 days so it seems like the transmission is slipping and not going to the next gear sometimes and instead going to 7000rpm. Any idea what can be going wrong? is it the glycol has finally messed with my transmission enough 18 months after the initial diagnosis and radiator fix?

Also it would be greatly appreciated if someone can let me know if I should be getting this Daaco torque converter (in pic) and which rebuild pack from rockauto to rebuild the transmission (in pic), do i need to get the overhaul kit and the master kit and just get one of these master kits or both of those master kits? they seem very similar so i wasnt sure. Is there anything else i will need to rebuild the transmission?

any help is much appreciated thanks!
Old 04-29-2018 | 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Sigh...
Can you post your question in just one spot to start? I answered you in the other sub-forum only to find you have two identical threads underway in two different sub-forums. This makes it difficult for folks in the future to locate correct information as they may only find one thread. Post here and in the other sub-forum post a link to this thread. Or vice versa.

Old 04-29-2018 | 08:36 PM

porsche
sorry bird, as you mention all discussion on this thread can be done on my posting on the w211 forum here: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ndom-help.html

thank you.
Old 04-29-2018 | 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

'99 and '05 E55 AMG
One way or we'll get this figured out so others in the future can keep these fantastic cars running. Please keep us informed of the solution to this issue.