W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crank no start. Bad Camshaft sensor o Crank position sensor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Update:

They took a look and sent me pics on some App. I cant seem to get the pics to upload here right now. I will try again later.

The plug wires going to pumps was hard and crunchy towards the plug. The fuel pump lid had black char marks where the connector plugs into, So they are saying that is the reason my pumps dont work. Even with direct 12 volts.

Guys, check your plug wires I was going to cut them back and put in new wires solder them heat shrink them all nice. But, I simply forgot to do that. Lesson learned. New pump ordered.

Its time for oil service and trans service and such anways so the car is staying for fresh fluids and filters, valve cover gaskets and will have them raise the car up with star. Hopefully it turns out ok.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:42 PM

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
04 E55 AMG BLK/BLK(MyDD), 06 CLK 500 (wife's) 07 ML500, 2012 C300(son's)
Originally Posted by Max.H
Update:
The plug wires going to pumps was hard and crunchy towards the plug. The fuel pump lid had black char marks where the connector plugs into, So they are saying that is the reason my pumps dont work. Even with direct 12 volts. How did they apply 12v without seeing the wiring......
Guys, check your plug wires I was going to cut them back and put in new wires solder them heat shrink them all nice. But, I simply forgot to do that. Lesson learned. New pump ordered.
Its time for oil service and trans service and such anways so the car is staying for fresh fluids and filters, valve cover gaskets and will have them raise the car up with star. Hopefully it turns out ok.
sumpin ain't right with this story. First there is nothing wrong with the wiring, and when they apply 12v to the pump they don't work. Now they find charring and cooked wires did they look at the relay? How did they apply 12v to the pumps and not see the cooked wiring..... Now they deduct it's the wiring that's the problem. I'd be very leery of letting this dealership work on my car. Bet they didn't change the sender or pumps last time. Sorry you got to deal with this stealership.

Last edited by Pmarino; 06-22-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:41 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Pmarino
sumpin ain't right with this story. First there is nothing wrong with the wiring, and when they apply 12v to the pump they don't work. Now they find charring and cooked wires did they look at the relay? How did they apply 12v to the pumps and not see the cooked wiring..... Now they deduct it's the wiring that's the problem. I'd be very leery of letting this dealership work on my car. Bet they didn't change the sender or pumps last time. Sorry you got to deal with this stealership.
+1 to this.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
I did not add sequence of events in order. When they checked the pump the wires that connect to the plug, they were hard and not soft as they should be. The fuel pump lid had a char mark where the plug connects. Apparently the pump fried itself over 6 months due to bad plug wire. Too much amperage draw I suppose.

It was my fault. When the indy shop changed the new pumps. We saw the issue and I was going to cut it back an inch or so put new wires etc. I told em ya I will do it. But, I simply forgot so it appears this was my fault.

The pump was not defective.

We got a new pump on order, and they should be replacing the plug and about an 1.5" of new wires. I guess, I need to ask them if they are doing that. But, I assume so because they spotted the issue and I told them I want to know why and make sure it doesn't happen again.

8 days to arrive, then all the scheduled service and maybe I can put my new carbon fiber on. Jeez.

I am very impressed of how a properly maintained E55 without shortcuts can last so long and be so damn reliable as a daily driver for 13 years. This really amazes me. This car is very robust if you just take care of it. Not ignore the warning signs and just mod away and not do a lick of the required maintenance. Ive actually gone the other way 0 engine mods all stock just a few aesthetic parts and all scheduled service. When I hear about 10k - 15k junkers who people buy and immediately have a 10 thousand dollars repair bill. You wonder why, people have issues and pass the car around to multiple owners. Passing problems from one person to another. Hopefully people will have more realistic expectations about these cars and why well kept cars command higher prices and passed around junkers are selling for less and are all over the place.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by Max.H; 06-25-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2023, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ford 150
Temporary Fix for crankshaft position sensor

If crankshaft position sensor get faulty there are some temporary solutions which helps you a lot. Read This comprehensive which i found very useful. Read Here
Old 03-25-2023, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 259 Likes on 211 Posts
95 SL600
That link sucks , and what are your temporary fixes for a bad crankshaft sensor? That post and user needs to be gone.