Sponsored by:

Timeport Command question...Verizon CDMA fromTDMA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 09:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
16V190, E55, Porsches several
Timeport Command question...Verizon CDMA fromTDMA

Rather than pain of change (and for several other reasons) I opted to keep the Motorola Timeport in the Command set-up. I bought on Ebay (a while back) a newer TDMA P8767 version (as my old was CDMA and that had no 'future').

Anyway, with porting avail in our market I finally tried to fire-up this phone in the car (as it worked fine 'out' of the car. It did not work in the car. I'm in hopes I didn't get ripped on the phone buy as there was a problem there........the phone was suppose to have Benz application on it, says Mercedes when powered up.
Question is.....there wasn't any other change in the car's wire & program that was 'phone specific' was there?.......I recall before deliv being asked if I wanted CDMA or TDMA.....but guess I always assumed the only dif was what phone they through in the box in the car......ie there is nothing that should need changing in the car to make this phone functional is there?

Any other ideas or suggests welcome & appreciated......TIA.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
only amg
phone

you may have to have a software update done, take phone and car to mb and see if both are compatible, and if not, they may be able to upgrade software
Old 05-27-2004, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: Timeport Command question...Verizon CDMA fromTDMA

Originally posted by GreggT
Rather than pain of change (and for several other reasons) I opted to keep the Motorola Timeport in the Command set-up. I bought on Ebay (a while back) a newer TDMA P8767 version (as my old was CDMA and that had no 'future').

Anyway, with porting avail in our market I finally tried to fire-up this phone in the car (as it worked fine 'out' of the car. It did not work in the car. I'm in hopes I didn't get ripped on the phone buy as there was a problem there........the phone was suppose to have Benz application on it, says Mercedes when powered up.
Question is.....there wasn't any other change in the car's wire & program that was 'phone specific' was there?.......I recall before deliv being asked if I wanted CDMA or TDMA.....but guess I always assumed the only dif was what phone they through in the box in the car......ie there is nothing that should need changing in the car to make this phone functional is there?

Any other ideas or suggests welcome & appreciated......TIA.
What are the symptoms of "it did not work in the car"??

The car setup is standard, and as you suspect, the only difference is the handset delivered to the customer when the choice is made.

If your phone has had a firmware upgrade (from a non-Mercedes source) it will not operate in the car anymore.

p.s. you should probably ask this in the audio forum... also you may want to let us know what car you have. I have signatures disabled (since car information apparently doesn't belong there).

-s-
Old 05-27-2004, 03:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
16V190, E55, Porsches several
Thanks.........I'm off to the audio forum.
This is a 01 E55 and the "did not work" symptom (in the car) is that it appears to not be able to successfully dial out.......Voice recognition works, takes your command to dial, then that's it.....you do not hear anything else.....phone eventually goes back into standby.

Same on the LED panel.....you can punch up a number, send, and nothing.

As for the ...."If your phone has had a firmware upgrade (from a non-Mercedes source) it will not operate in the car anymore".......I guess we are saying that a firmware update now from MB wouldn't get this guy back on track (if it's the case that someone other than MB has messed w/it)?