Sponsored by:

Stock Airmatic to Aftermarket Air Suspension | E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Stock Airmatic to Aftermarket Air Suspension | E55 AMG

I have searched online and haven't found anyone that has completed this swap. I wanted to see if anyone has swapped out the Airmatic system for an aftermarket Air Suspension? Like to Air Lift Performance or AccuAir? The problem I am having with the stock is they tend to leak after 1.5-2 years due to the car being lowered. Right now they are being swapped out under warranty, but eventually that will run out. I am not running it slammed...just using the Performa v2 system to lower it enough to eliminate will gap. I originally did not want to go this route because I want everything to be stock on the car especially when it is time to sell it. However, it is getting annoying and I wouldn't mind the better performance of the aftermarket setup...up/down faster than the slow stock unit. I have a shop that specializes in Air Performance, but they have been unable to find the correct struts for this vehicle.

Last edited by DynamicATL; 06-19-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
e55
sadistic iron works sells a 30 way adjustable kit for around 2000 plus shipping. That is front and rear shocks/bags, no air management. They have it on their e500.
The following users liked this post:
DynamicATL (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by DiegosAnotherR1
sadistic iron works sells a 30 way adjustable kit for around 2000 plus shipping. That is front and rear shocks/bags, no air management. They have it on their e500.
Awesome, I will check them out. Thanks!