Sponsored by:

Troubleshooting Airmatic Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Troubleshooting Airmatic Issue

Hey guys Ive searched the forum and couldn't find the particular scenario I am dealing with, if I missed it, I apologize.

That said - I'm having an issue where all of the sudden the rear of my car drops, I get the red message and can restart the car and use the lift button and the back will raise, and Ill hear some clicking and lower, raise, and lower etc. Its as if the springs fill but then leak over and over. The first 2 times this happened I was close to home and determined that things were not rubbing so I drove slowly to the house. After giving it some time I start the car and the car raises and will be fine for weeks! The third time this happened I was 40 miles from home, this time the car was pulling hard to the left and the rear right was much lower than the rear left, but the rear left eventually wend down too. This time I had to have it towed. Again the car sets for 2 days and the springs air up and hold no problem. Even after setting there for 3 additional days the car is still up!

This makes me think that it may not be the rear airsprings but something else, perhaps whatever the clicking sound is - but Im not sure what it could be or where to start.

I have already replaced my front air springs myself, as well as the airmatic pump (it is less than 3 months old)

I do have a star computer so anything you can suggest I do there, I could do as well.

What course of action would you take?
Old 09-04-2018, 02:30 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
you'll need to perform a scan of your computers. once completed you will be informed of which part is faulty.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 09-05-2018, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Perform a full diagnostic on your Airmatic system, it will tell you what components are faulty.