Factory airmatic settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
04 E55
Factory airmatic settings

Gday all.

I have misplaced my notebook which I kept my factory airmatic voltage and ride height notes in. I have lowered my car and want to raise it back to stock whilst I lend my car to my granparents for a few years whilst I'm overseas.

Can anyone shoot me their factory height - hub to guard and voltage readings, and the inclination values that I can sub in inplace of my originals.

I gave it a rough go this arvo when time pressed and the car started out okay but is now sitting on stilts.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 996 Likes on 775 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Ensure you have a surface as level as possible; use floor tiles as necessary under the tires and an inclinometer app on your cell phone.
Front inclination values: 3.1 to 4.1 degrees (inboard of control arm higher than the outboard end).
Rear inclination values: -0.9 to -1.5 degrees (inboard end of axle lower than the hub end).
Use STAR; go into the Airmatic section and look for "initial startup with manual settings input or new control unit/level calibration". That will walk you through the process.

FWIW, with my front inclination angle at 3.1 degrees, the fender roll-to-ground height was 26 1/4". Rear inclination of -1.2 degrees gave a fender roll-to-ground height of 26 3/4". I don't recall the voltage limits for the front but the rear is 2.2 to 3.0 volts; if your rear inclination angle is within the boundaries, the voltage should fall into the proper range. Go to next screen, enter the measured inclination angles for each corner, and click to program new values. If the voltage is outside the proper range (e.g. 3.1 volts), the system will not accept the inclination values until you raise/lower the car to bring the voltage values into the acceptable range.

Last edited by bbirdwell; 11-01-2018 at 04:16 PM.