Sponsored by:

BWK Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 05:02 PM

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
BWK Installed

Well I finally got my BWK installed and was expecting to hopefully maintain power and not get belt slip. Although it seems like its gotten rid of the slip, jury is still out on it since I've only gone wide open throttle about 4-5 times since the car either way feels slower. Not sure if I'm just imagining things or not but I thought maybe not loosing boost because highest I peaked before was 11.4 psi, at least on the dash command app I have. I have to look at it again and make sure if I'm boosting anything higher but the car does feel slower. I don't know how it ended up being that way. The belt I put on was also on of the two belts suggested by VRP so the belt is the correct size as well. Has anyone else had this issue of the car feeling slower after installing BWK?
Old 11-12-2018, 06:33 PM

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
14 E63s AMG, 03 E55 AMG, 13 GL63 AMG, 95 M3
Is power delivery still smooth? If there's no belt noise and it's smooth I wouldn't imagine the BWK would be causing an issue, but I'd be curious to look at your fuel trims and IAT. Sometimes you fix one issue and it can magnify others...any history of front/upstream o2 sensors or intake air temp sensor?
Old 11-12-2018, 06:36 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by GinDistiller
Is power delivery still smooth? If there's no belt noise and it's smooth I wouldn't imagine the BWK would be causing an issue, but I'd be curious to look at your fuel trims and IAT. Sometimes you fix one issue and it can magnify others...any history of front/upstream o2 sensors or intake air temp sensor?
Ya power delivery is really smooth, no trouble there. It use to just jump when you would floor it and then at a certain rpm's it would start to pull harder meaning up top. I have to really monitor it today, unfortunately my drive is mostly traffic and having space to do it I find with this car very difficult. If not today ill put in a good effort in the morning and find a empty spot on the freeway to test IAT's and check boost through the dash command app.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:09 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Ok drove it hard thankfully not a lot of people went to work today. So I hit peak 13psi once and mostly will range from 11.8-12.5 I guess that’s depending on what gear I’m in, not sure but highest boost was in 3rd gear peaked 13psi. So I’m seeing higher boost. I’m thinking maybe the BWK makes it a smoother engagement and it feels slower because it’s not snappy. On a side note since I was looking at the dash command and the IAT’s was showing as well man it drops back down so quick, really quick recovery. Sometimes I’m shocked as to how quick IAT’s climb when your flooring it but now after my secondary heat exchanger I’m just as shocked how quickly it recovers.

Last edited by karpetcm; 11-12-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Have you had a chance to dyno it yet?
Old 01-22-2019, 11:49 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55_MvP
Have you had a chance to dyno it yet?

i haven’t yet was gonna do headers and then but since california has really become very **** lately, I’m gonna pass on the headers and dyno it soon.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by karpetcm

i haven’t yet was gonna do headers and then but since california has really become very **** lately, I’m gonna pass on the headers and dyno it soon.
After pulley and then after pulley + headers will be better anyhow. Good to know what each mod added. I've got the 80mm and long tubes + full exhaust but haven't had a chance to dyno yet. And I'm wondering what each mod gave individually also, so a good after dyno of yours now with the pulley would help me figure it all out.