W211 540 Rwhp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 05:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
Originally Posted by sticky2
Can the drivetrain be strengthened to accomodate more power?
Not that I'm aware of. The CL/S/SL65 are all torque limited because of this drive train limitation.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Stephen,

I've left a couple of emails regarding the cooling mod and the performance upgrades but havent received any replies?????

Are you currently selling the cooling mod?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
Originally Posted by vrus
Stephen,

I've left a couple of emails regarding the cooling mod and the performance upgrades but havent received any replies?????

Are you currently selling the cooling mod?
Sorry, I've been sick with the flu the last couple of days.
Yes we do have the cooling system available, will post further details later.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
Exclamation Buyer Beware

BUYER BEWARE

All I felt it was necessary to inform the E55 comminuty of a Merchant that has failed to ship a E55 kit containing a pulley upgrade, cooling system, and headers upgrade.

I think this board should know this information so that you do not have to deal or suffer a financial loss or headaches.

I will periodically inform the board on this matter for your own protection as to the status of the refund.

Additionally I would hope we could start a thread on merchant reviews, kit reviews, customer service, etc.

<<Update on Stephen's 540rwhp Kit>>

Let me inform all of the facts so that everyone is very aware of this merchants activities and reliabliity.

Note: I realize I am a sample size of 1 but when I earlier attempted to see if anyone else in the US had purchased and acquired his kit I realized that I was likely the only person that had purchased it. Stupid me. So I will leave any inference of fraud or deception up to you but here are the facts:

Order Date June 26th
Purchase Date: Paypal $6,300
Date promised: 2 weeks (10 days shipping via TNT)
In stock amount quoted: 6 kits

Contact on my part to Stephen: 71 e-mails, 33 phone calls ($398 from home - rest from office.

Shipping/Tracking #s provided by Stephen: 2 bogus #s that do not register anything on www.tnt.com

Reason #1: Stephen Claims it was shipped. I verify by TNT's #800 number of no such shipment. Later Stephen says it was stolen by an insider.

Shipment #2: Stephen says customs would not pick it up.

Refund: Stephen attempted to issued refund but my bank said there was no such effort made. His reply: It won't go through internationally.

Refund #2: He would not refund via paypal because it would cost me $256 in a transaction fee.

I hope you all get the picture that this merchant is likely highly unethical and/or highly unresponse to customers. So far its been a nightmare dealing with Stephen as all I have to show is headaches and a loss of $6300 so far. My bank is now on the case.

While I can only speak for myself I would high restrain from ordering or dealing with this merchant. On a 1 to 10 I would rate my experience a complete zero. Please take heed and caution in dealing with this merchant. Its sad because if his kit exists (I have no proof it does) it would have been a decent buy. BUYER BEWARE.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:13 PM

Ouch. Hope this gets resolved with no feelings hurt. At least its not like the John Hennessey fiasco.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:12 AM
Banned

Any update on the issue with stephens? I think many of us were planning on purchasing this kit but it now seems stephens can't deliver. I'm very dissapointed as so much interest was generated with his threads.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/78782-buyer-beware-stephen-s-540rwhp-kit.html