Check Engine Error - Can't find in Star

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 10:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Check Engine Error - Can't find in Star

Ok,

I am getting a miss, on my E55, the $30 code reader provides me with the error code and that I have a miss in cylinder 1. However, when I connect to the Star system, I do not see an error code. I have searched around in various areas and cannot find an active error code. Can someone assist me in the correct menu to find and reset the code? I have read that it may not be the coil pack and it might be wires/plugs (although they are less than 2yrs old). I will switch coil pack cylinders to verify that the error follows.

I have almost 200k on my car and I suspect that they are the original coil packs, but before I fire the proverbial parts cannon. I would like to make sure I am properly diagnosing the issue.

Cheers,

Remnar
Old 02-05-2019, 04:43 PM

11' E350, 11' G37 Sedan, 13' ES350
Did you clear the code with the cheap scanner? It may have not stored the code and Star is not seeing it.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:48 PM

2004 E55 AMG
I have not cleared the code, I will do that tonight when I play musical coil packs.

Seems strange that if the Check Engine light is on that there would not be a code somewhere to extract.