Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > E55 AMG, E63 AMG, E43AMG (W210, W211, W212,W213) > W211 AMG
M156 Oil Catch Project - Need PCV Adapter Fittings >

M156 Oil Catch Project - Need PCV Adapter Fittings

Notices
W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M156 Oil Catch Project - Need PCV Adapter Fittings

Old 04-13-2019, 05:16 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Benz
Question M156 Oil Catch Project - Need PCV Adapter Fittings

I decided to install an oil catch can for my M156 engine after realizing how much oil gets in the cylinders (PCV > intake manifold). My research produced 2 purpose-built kits: Weistec ($600) and VRP ($360). The VRP kit appears to use the Mishimoto Universal can, sold online for $30-40. There are many universal catch cans of various capacities, colors, designs, prices. Whatever the catch can, the biggest question remains integration. Both Weistec and VRP provide adapter fittings to insert the catch can between the PCV valve and the M156 intake manifold. This is the most professional way to integrate - a reversible mod. Another approach would be to cut the stock PCV breather tube before the valve body to insert generic fittings to/from the catch can. Of course, this approach is less desirable because of limited space behind the M156 motor, and you stand irreversibly modify the PCV part ($110). I am looking for PCV adapter fittings that can work on the M156. Does anyone come across these sold separately?

Old 04-15-2019, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 121 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG Pano, 2002 Audi A4 1.8t
i'd be interested in fittings as well if someone does produce these.