W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

LegitStreetCars & Southern HotRod valve body

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2022 | 11:01 PM

01 E55

Originally Posted by dfrat
I run the 150% valve body from Russel on my SL55 which also has a war Viking built transmission. His name on here is whipplem. He is an expert on these transmissions. He gives great support too. This valve body shifts very firm. When first installed it was a bit harsh on downshifts but as it adapted it smoothed out. Took about 2 days more driving the more it adapts. It shifts consistently and fast. I've had it in for over a year now and it's still the same. Ran a 10.96 in the quarter and it didn't even phase anything. The increased holding pressures help a lot. It is able to hold the power and tq while in gear to keep the transmission from slipping. It's not just the actual shift changes that are improved for more power. Going slow you get a really quick shift that you can feel slightly. To me it's satisfying to feel the shift took place. Partial throttle the upshifts get more firm. WOT upshifts are really firm. Kickdown or using the paddle holding it in letting it downshift while at highway speed it will downshift hard and fast and it just grabs and the car just dips out. Downshifts going slow again you can feel it go into each gear slightly as you come to a stop. Does it the same each time. This setup actually seems to have just about eliminated the whole learning your driving thing the TCM does. For me it shifts just like I explained driving slow light throttle , partial throttle , or wot every time I drive it. The delay in upshift with the paddles still remain in standard and comfort mode that's just something we can't get rid of and really has nothing to do with the valve body itself.(*in manual mode on my car upshifts are pretty instant using the paddles, much improved compared to stock) Downshifts are instant though with the paddles in all modes. As for the upshift lag issue Joe may have solved that with the standalone tcu as I hear that shifts super fast with the paddles. If you don't want to feel shifts this is not for you. If you want to save your clutches from burning up then this is for you.
U have contact info for him, does he do VB upgrade?
thx Bob
Old 06-13-2022 | 05:25 AM

SL55 , CLK500, SL600, GTR
Originally Posted by my67AMG
U have contact info for him, does he do VB upgrade?
thx Bob
Contact sound German automotive. Russel will help you.
https://www.soundgermanautomotive.com/